Is my amp blown it makes now sound but still comes on

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlman
10+ year member

Review Committee
I have a alpine amp that my brother gave me its an older one but it looks good and when i hook it up the power light comes on but the speakers did sound really low and like crap really static like.If the light comes on that means it cant be blown right?

All that light means is that the amp is getting power.

There could be some kind of short in the circuitry, RCA inputs or outputs.

There could also be a problem with your RCA wire or output on your deck.

your amp is not blown one of the metal oxide resisors has come loose from the board and needs to be soldered back on it is a common problem with older amps they never use enough solder email me back let me know if thats not the case

poot9191@aol.com

ok can you tell me what they look like i can do it.If you need to know the model amp i can tell you that too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.