Is knukonceptz good stuff?

For you guys having problems with them they must just not like you. Ive never had a late shipment or anything. I have had the ends of the RCA's 1 year ago come loose and I just tightened them down by hand, prob solved. Maybe not taking care of your equipment? Ive never had a product fail, and every shipment has arrived before I even had time to track the bastard. Ill continue to buy Knu all day long:)

Nothing affected that exposed part except maybe some heat. I never even put water on my engine. I'm not saying it's cheap sh!t or that all wire woudn't do the same but it happened with this run. It didn't happen on the run in my jeep from knu BUT I know good and GD well, no chemicals have ever touched that cable or any part of my engine. Could it be the heat? maybe but I would have thought that temps that high would melt the black loom but I don't know for sure. In any event showing good cable that's run inside a vehicle is not relevent to what happened in my car as the cable outside the car is what was affected.

That rep is the owner, thank you. The cable is made with 105C PVC just like every other manufacture, PVC is the cheapest part of a cable, a lower temp PVC cost 7 cents less PER METER (2.15 cents/ft)......not exactly worth using a lower temp when you know the car will see 200+F. Notice its ONLY the exposed part? Something effected that exposed part. We've been here for 7 years, seems like a small list for seven years of "cheap ****" considering the thousands of products and miles of cable sold. Our products are less expensive because you buy direct, no distributor, no dealer. I am sorry that is to cut and dry for you.
Also, a thread further down shows a Kompressed Kable of ours in an install (posted by Lakota)

100_0770.jpg

See the cable to the far left - its over 4 years old. Dont know how long he's had it installed but is the same jacket and we've not made that cable since atleast 2004....

Snoop, I like your "pratical" 10,000 watt application....LOL

i had no terminals at all to replace them with jackass, so it wasnt a point of simply not having a system from a while as i dont even have a system in it at the moment. It was a point that i shouldnt have to park the car for a product that the probelm wasnt my problem to begin with.

I've had nothing but good to say about my experiences with Knuconceptz Kolossus (spelling?) wire. Beefy, flexible, affordable. I'm getting a 0awg kit sometime this next week. I can't stand the wire that's in my car now. I don't want to run my stuff all-out on Raptor 8awg... which the last owner installed.

Also, a thread further down shows a Kompressed Kable of ours in an install (posted by Lakota)

100_0770.jpg

See the cable to the far left - its over 4 years old. Dont know how long he's had it installed but is the same jacket and we've not made that cable since atleast 2004
I have had that wire for awhile now that I think about it. I installed it my last year of high school, so it's about 3 years old.

Nothing affected that exposed part except maybe some heat. I never even put water on my engine. I'm not saying it's cheap sh!t or that all wire woudn't do the same but it happened with this run. It didn't happen on the run in my jeep from knu BUT I know good and GD well, no chemicals have ever touched that cable or any part of my engine. Could it be the heat? maybe but I would have thought that temps that high would melt the black loom but I don't know for sure. In any event showing good cable that's run inside a vehicle is not relevent to what happened in my car as the cable outside the car is what was affected.

Not all plastic has the same melt point. The cable has to be flexible and there is only so many types that have high temp and flexible. Your engine cover is plastic, but does not need to to be flexible so they can use a different material. The loom is probably made of PE which is the same materials used to make cutting boards. It does not bend very well, but resists heat

never had any problems with mine. I have the 4gauge bottom level wire.

I've used it for a year now, no problems. Ran somewhere between 600-700 watts constantly.

great price.

My opinion is that Wrench Guy and 90Accordman are fucking retarded. 90, he has done everything that a reasonable business would do and more. Try getting even close to that service from Kicker, Stinger, JL or any others, good luck. It's very bad business to send out a new product before you receive the return, you can lose sa lot of money that way, I certainly hope you don't do business that way or you won't last long at all.

Wrench Guy, their cable is far and away the best on the market, pure copper and more strands than any other brand, you can't beat that. I have compared my 4 AWG Kollosus to my brother's 4 AWG Tsunami wire and the difference isnt even funny, the Knu has much more actual wire with less jacketing. As for their fuse block, I have the cheap mini ANL one and it works great for me.

My opinion is that Wrench Guy and 90Accordman are fucking retarded. 90, he has done everything that a reasonable business would do and more. Try getting even close to that service from Kicker, Stinger, JL or any others, good luck. It's very bad business to send out a new product before you receive the return, you can lose sa lot of money that way, I certainly hope you don't do business that way or you won't last long at all.
Wrench Guy, their cable is far and away the best on the market, pure copper and more strands than any other brand, you can't beat that. I have compared my 4 AWG Kollosus to my brother's 4 AWG Tsunami wire and the difference isnt even funny, the Knu has much more actual wire with less jacketing. As for their fuse block, I have the cheap mini ANL one and it works great for me.
i dont deal with returns the owner does.

and this all started out with me just sending a feedback on the knu site to let them know it wasnt working for me. As for your blanket statment about other companies I do get that service from stinger and kicker. Anyhow the problems been solved.

I want to order the amp kit below or the 4 gauge version, but neither seem to come with a remote turn on wire. i will need one for my install. it says one is "built in" to the rca's. does anyone know if i need to get a seperate turn on wire?? am i missing something?
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK8
It has the remote turn on cable on the rca's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I just ordered 50ft of knu konceptz klm, so lets see how that goes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So far I haven't been too happy with Knu's products.

Customer service is amazing, shipping is fast, prices are fair.

I used their distribution blocks with the kompression fittings, and the fuse holder as well... Hated the design, and the fact that the threads on the fittings were very fine, they were hard as hell to line up with thicker strand wire, and can easily strip.

My RCA's I just received in the mail were 4 meters, a 2ch and a 4ch set. Also picked up their "iPod adapter" which is a 3.5mm to RCA adapter. Wire quality is nice, but the barrel connectors were loose right out of the packaging. I tried tightening by hand, but didn't work. I connected the rcas, tightened them by hand, and left it at that. We'll see how they hold up.

Doubt I'll be ordering from them again... Don't have any products I need.

i'm glad the majority is pleased with them. I just placed a $250 order with them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif customer service has been pretty dang good, and speedy. Good to hear that shipping is fast too, I placed my order Thursday, and am hoping to see all the stuff here by Tuesday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.