putting in a brand new deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

4runnercrazy
10+ year member

Mattchu
Danville,CA
okay so im putting in a brand new deck, so im leaving the stock one there (becasue its an old bug and it looks cool) so i have to run all the wires by myself. the ignition and the power wire are twisted together so im guessing they both go to the batt,

what wire do i need to run to the batt? i have some speaker wire i could always split and just use that, i think its like 14 awg or 16 awg, or should i get something bigger?

why not just use the wires from the original radio, just extend them over to the other radio?
That's what I would do!! Get a wiring harness that matches your deck and 4Runner, that way it would be easy to put back to stock if need be. When splicing the HU wiring harness with the Toyota one, you can use longer wires. Just use connections that will stay together, and you can put the aftermarket HU wherever you want. The only downside to this is if your original wiring is having issues.

If you're going to run your own wires, then you might as well run everything on your own - power, ground, speaker, etc..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.