is it the amp or wiring kit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

beartoe

I am having some problems with my amplifier. it will turn on but when I turn the volume up the amplifier will shut off. The amplifier is brand new but I'm using an old amp wiring kit that is 800 watts with a 900 Watts amplifier and everytime it shuts off I'm able to switch the wiring kit fuse with another one and it will turn on but it will do the same thing and cut off and I will go and put the other fuse back in and it will turn back on but it will do the same thing and cut off again but both fuses are brand new so is there something wrong with the amp or is it the wiring kit itself

Check to make sure all your wiring is really tight and that the ground is making a solid connection. By solid connection i mean where you grounded it to the car not the terminal in the amp. I know in high school my system would always turn off cus i half assed tightened the bolt for my ground so it wasnt making good contact. hopefully that helps.

If say it's the amp kit. Or just the fuse block if the old kit was rated for 800 watts I'd be almost certain it's a 8 gauge cca kit. Get a 4 gauge ofc kit and be done with it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.