is it possible to run 2 amps {1for subs and 1 for 4 5x7's} of a 1 farad cap?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bangin-Contour
10+ year member

is it possible to run 2 amps {1for subs and 1 for 4 5x7's} of a 1 farad cap?

becauze when i turn my volume up after like a good 10min the amp for the highs cuts on and off and i figures the amp for the subs is ****** up all the juce and theres not enough power the 400wt 4ch jbl i got it only does it when the bass note is real deep

Run your sub amp off of the cap. Sure you can run both amps off of 1 cap, but it's not necessary. The sub amp requires the huge bursts of power, not the 4 channel amp. if the 4 channel amp is causing issues then you have a much deeper power problem. like time for a new alternator. The 4 channel amp shouldn't be cutting in and out with the bass. This problem really does ultimately point to the need for a new alternator. If you already have the cap, then hook it up to the sub amp and see if it improves your problem.

ya i kinda figured that i need a new alternator the jackass at autozone told me that mine is 105amps and they dont make any 1s higher for my contour, i told him that my amps are having power issues lol and he went into his anit-car audio mode,and told me a ****ed up the install if im having probs lol so im looking if possible for a higher 1 but its going to hard

if you have an alternator that is truly capable of producing 105 amperes then you should be alright. It might be worth having tested for output and then having it rewound for higher output if needed. this is much cheaper than buying a new alternator.

To discuss the possibilities of your problem even further...what size of power and ground wires are you using? Where do you keep your gains set at? Two amps blasting away at full power will draw on the alternator pretty hard. Also, if your power wires are too small then the juice will have a harder time traveling from the alternator/battery to your amps, also making the alternator work hard.

power and ground wire are 2awg then 4awg going to the amps from the power block

ill look into getting my alternator looked ati have upgraded the battary to a good long lasting 1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.