Is it OK to have 2 different component sets in front?

If you don't care about how good it sounds, then yes. If you care at all about sound quality and avoiding terrible sounding cancellation issues, then save up and get a single set of comps that handle more power.

If you don't care about how good it sounds, then yes. If you care at all about sound quality and avoiding terrible sounding cancellation issues, then save up and get a single set of comps that handle more power.
How would I be able to tell or recognize cancellation issues on the mids and highs?

You would notice holes in perceived frequency response; nasty ****. If your current setup doesn't cut it, sell it, and buy a bigger amp and better set of comps. Saves you having to cut your dash up and is feasible from a sound quality standpoint. A good set of components given 150 - 250watts per side will be able to match your 12" easily.

so would running two sets of comps in my car also mess up the noise..i have one re set of comps and another phoenix gold type? maybe gonna throw in a polk one haha is that bad

I see the "cancellation issues" thrown out there quite frequently. How is it that cars come from the factory with 8-10 speaker systems and don't seem to suffer from any sort of cancellation or other issues? I'm not saying it's the ideal set up, but I've heard some pretty nice sounding Boston systems in the new Chryslers and they all had a LOT of speakers throughout the car.

Biggest "problem" I see is that the tonality might not match up that well. Might be better to get another set of Bostons in the smaller size. Hopefully will have same type of tweeter and match up better. Maybe the S45 coax's would work in your situation. Seems like most of the MBQuart tweets are titanium which would probably be a lot brighter than the Boston soft domes you have.

As for getting loud, yes it will help. I run loud rear fill and like it very much when I'm in the mood for just getting loud. SQ does fall off a little, but at those volumes it's not really a concern anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

If you're getting another amp to power the dash speakers you can wire the trigger to a toggle switch and turn them on/off when you want, that's how mine is set up. Best of both worlds.

I see the "cancellation issues" thrown out there quite frequently. How is it that cars come from the factory with 8-10 speaker systems and don't seem to suffer from any sort of cancellation or other issues? I'm not saying it's the ideal set up, but I've heard some pretty nice sounding Boston systems in the new Chryslers and they all had a LOT of speakers throughout the car. .
factory car stereos DONT sound good. obviously you've never heard a car stereo w a GOOD sound stage...

It's only ok if you run two subs of different size & brand in different enclosures along with it.

Im gonna run Boston SX60 6.5" comps in the factory 6x9 holes in the front doors, and probably the MBquart 4" comps in the dash in the factory 3.5" holes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.