Is it necessary?

Participant count
  • Participant list
You can mix agm batts. Don't mix different types. Ie acid or wet cell batts with agm batts also the weaker battery will draw the stronger battery power down to match. And could damage both. But it depends on the age of the older batts and what the voltage sits at. Not the other way around

You can mix agm batts. Don't mix different types. Ie acid or wet cell batts with agm batts also the weaker battery will draw the stronger battery power down to match. And could damage both. But it depends on the age of the older batts and what the voltage sits at. Not the other way around
Understood. But should I install the crescendo battery, to have 3 batteries in total, or its not necessary for my system?

Unless you play with the vehicle not running for extended periods of time, you don't need a battery isolator. And while it is best not to commingle battery types, one battery will no kill the next. What will happen is that the wet cell will rob the float charge from the agm(s). All that means it that the resting voltage of the agms will fall a few tenths of a volt after sitting for a long while.

As for battery capacity, you have 110AH for a ~4000 watt amp. You need about 55AH per 1kW so yes, you need a second battery for the amp. Since your front battery is probably only a 50ish AH battery, don't include it in the equation, even though you should use it.

But in the end, it's all up to you. You have a powerful, expensive amplifier in your car. Power is the fundamental key to both good amplifier performance and a long, safe lifespan of the amp(s) so consider that. I prefer to overbuild my power capacity so that my amps perform well and aren't in danger of dying themselves or, cooking my coils.

Unless you play with the vehicle not running for extended periods of time, you don't need a battery isolator. And while it is best not to commingle battery types, one battery will no kill the next. What will happen is that the wet cell will rob the float charge from the agm(s). All that means it that the resting voltage of the agms will fall a few tenths of a volt after sitting for a long while.
As for battery capacity, you have 110AH for a ~4000 watt amp. You need about 55AH per 1kW so yes, you need a second battery for the amp. Since your front battery is probably only a 50ish AH battery, don't include it in the equation, even though you should use it.

But in the end, it's all up to you. You have a powerful, expensive amplifier in your car. Power is the fundamental key to both good amplifier performance and a long, safe lifespan of the amp(s) so consider that. I prefer to overbuild my power capacity so that my amps perform well and aren't in danger of dying themselves or, cooking my coils.

Thanks for all the info.

1- So, in plain English, what you are telling me it's that I need 2 batteries on the back connected to the bass amp, that's besides the one in front?

2- Do I have to put a fuse between the two batteries in the trunk?

Thanks for all the info. 1- So, in plain English, what you are telling me it's that I need 2 batteries on the back connected to the bass amp, that's besides the one in front?

2- Do I have to put a fuse between the two batteries in the trunk?
Fuse rules: Fuse when wire penetrates the body of the car or when there is some reasonable chance that a power wire could become shorted. And, when fusing between the front and rear batteries/battery bank, fuse at both ends. I would also recommend fusing between the alternator and the battery on big three installs.

So if your two rear batteries are side by side, no fusing needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.