Is it bad to wire subs like this?

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
This guy wants me to build him a box for 3 Memphis PR 10's. This is the problem, I think? He sent one in for repair and they sent him a dual 4 instead of a single 4. Now he has 2 single 4's and one dual 4. How would you wire all 3 subs together to an one ohm stable mono block amp or is this a bad idea?

you can, it won't "hurt" anything but the D4 with be getting twice as much power as the S4's....

so if you have say 1000 watts RMS to work with then each S4 sub will be getting 250W rms and the D4 will be getting 500W rms....

So the dual 4 is going to see more power and there's no way around it? I guess he needs 3 300 watt 2 ohm stable d-class amps, right?

lol send the sub back and get the right one????????????
Pretty Much!! LOL

O.P. I think you are looking at it wrong. Amps don't "see" subwoofers, they "see" coils. An amp will send equal amounts of power to each individual coil no matter how many subwoofers are involved and no matter what voicecoil configuration the subwoofers are. If you want them all to see about the same amount of power just get a 2-channel amp and wire the S4's together on oen channel an the D4 on the other channel...

Example, if you have a 2-channel amp that can do 600 rms @ 2ohm per channel then wire the S4's together on one channel and set the gains to 600 then wire the D4 to 2ohm on the other channel and set the gains to 300.... pretty simple really...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.