Quick question

Participant count
  • Participant list

phantom240
5,000+ posts

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
I have a 94 Honda Prelude, and it came with the factory 6x9 subwoofer between the two seats. I'm replacing the rear speakers, and the 6x9 (someone already put in an aftermarket speaker in there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif ). I'm going to run a 4 channel amp, with the front channels going to my RSD components. I don't know how I can hook up the rears though. Do I hook up the two deck speakers like normal, and run the 6x9 bridged over the two channels?

You've been here long enough to not ask questions like this...no you can't hook the speakers up like that. If you still want to run whatever the hell a 6x9 subwoofer is, you'll either need a separate amp or a 5 channel.

Reason I asked is that I've heard of some amps being "tri-mode" capable or whatever. The center 6x9 is gonna be either full range or have a passive crossover around 2000hz or so.

You've been here long enough to not ask questions like this...no you can't hook the speakers up like that. If you still want to run whatever the hell a 6x9 subwoofer is, you'll either need a separate amp or a 5 channel.
Yeah, there's a 6x9 subwoofer between the rear seats. The rear seats are buckets. Only the VTEC model preludes had the center subwoofer in the rear.

I'm gonna do one of two things. Run the front speakers on the front two channels (business as usual), and run all three speakers in the rear in full range (highpassed, of course) in that tri-mode ******** (see BCAE)... or run the four speakers on a five channel amp, leave the rear speaker leads that run to the speakers hooked to the radio, but not hooked up to the speakers. The factory sub's amp gets its signal from the rear speakers. I'll run the output from the factory amp, to the high level input on the 5th channel, and install a tang band 6x9 sub between the two seats... just to keep things factory in function.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.