Is bass boost bad idea?!

it just adds distortion into sub., at the very least don't use it on the hu or and eq setting that boost low freqs cause it just hurts speakers.. most here over power subs set gains low and don't use boost.. read my sig, mine is weakest system here..

theres really no point using it... if you feel the need to have more bass;

1; get a bigger sub or a more efficient one or

2; experiment with enclosure size and tuning or

3; get a more beastly sub or

4; get more power or

5; beef up your electrical system

bass boost is bs. its kind of like when girls put a shitload of makeup on there face, its fake and nasty; only to cause distortion to the reality ...

theres really no point using it... bass boost is bs. its kind of like when girls put a shitload of makeup on there face, its fake and nasty; only to cause distortion to the reality ...
[emoji1369][emoji23][emoji1360]

I like the analogy. When I set up my system, even though it's a rinky dink one...do it correctly. Turning all my stereo settings flat first. Then start adjusting inputs/outputs, crossovers, eq, before adding boost or loudness etc. You'll probably be surprised how little you need to add in terms of boost and what not. Plus I'm able to turn the volume up way louder and still have distortion free music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bass boost is just like any other EQ. To much is a bad thing. If you have a hole where the boost is centered you can use a bit to fill it but you have to back off the gain to compensate.

BB artificially boosts the signal at a specific frequency. If your gains are set properly, this means that frequency will now distort in the upper volume levels. BB is really only a viable option at lower volume settings. Some manufacturers have used BB that fades out as the volume is adjusted higher... meh.

Its always best to not try to use Bass Boost..You run a risk of clipping and damaging the sub/subs in the process.I recommend the proper power,or 100+ more and set gains properly,and a well tuned enclosure for that sub,and within the environment utilized/Vehicle

depends. does it sound better or worse. boosting wont ruin anything, if you know what youre doing. read that last part again. amp clipping doesnt ruin speakers. too much power does. if i hook up a 100 watt amp to a 1,000 watt sub, and clip the signal, its not going to ruin the sub. it just wont sound good. the problem is when someone hooks up a 500 watt amp to a 500 watt sub and clips the amp. an amp at full clipping is like putting out 2x the power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.