Is a Hifonics Brutus a "good enough" amp?

Too many dumbasses in this thread.
BRZ/BRX series do rated or right under. They're a great value. People just get mad because they're nearly the same as their AQ and American Bass amps and a lot cheaper.

"Won't do anywhere near rated" my ass. Back up your statements with some facts.
I wouldn't go as far as comparing to the AQ/AB but would say yeah alot of these dudes are haters the brutus is a good buy for the money...

I wouldn't go as far as comparing to the AQ/AB but would say yeah alot of these dudes are haters the brutus is a good buy for the money...
i agree with you here, i love my BRX2400.1D makes rated with good electricals but just because its the same board as an AQ2200.1d and vfl 120.1 doesnt mean gonna be the same quality. They all make rated but one's more efficient then the other which is a very important factor to consider.

i agree with you here, i love my BRX2400.1D makes rated with good electricals but just because its the same board as an AQ2200.1d and vfl 120.1 doesnt mean gonna be the same quality. They all make rated but one's more efficient then the other which is a very important factor to consider.
thank you.. I have a form going on the fact hifonic boards and AQ boards look almost the same.. I got a ton of people tellin me that ment nothing.. were made with better parts...ran more efficient

Im selling my brz 1700.1d for $150 plus shipping obo, this definitely can put out at least 1500w even at 13.8 and my electrical with a stock alt and battery at the back can handle this amp never went under 12.6 volts on 2 skar vvx 15, hit 143db with this amp

from what i read the brx is not as good as the good ol brz series. pm me if you are interested or anybody who is

Steve Meade put one on his amp dyno.

Now from my personal experience, I've had approx. 5-6 Hifonics amps between my and my family's cars. I don't know the power output, as I've never measured it, but I do know that I have been very pleased. I would agree that they are not very efficient and power is most likely rated at 14.4v, but I thought most amps were. Mine tend to get warm and even hot at times, while I've used a PPI art series and a Rockford that ran very cool, although that was less power.

thank you.. I have a form going on the fact hifonic boards and AQ boards look almost the same.. I got a ton of people tellin me that ment nothing.. were made with better parts...ran more efficient
A lot of amps that are around the same power level use the same board, but yes they will in fact use diff parts on the boards and that can make a diff in quality and price. Might not be worth it to you to pay extra for that diff, so get the hifonics if that's the case.

u will need 2 times the power but yes u can get what u want out of it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

u will need 2 times the power but yes u can get what u want out of it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
No way any amp near that price point is even 15% percent more efficient, let alone double lol

FWIW....Both of the BRZ2100's I owned did over their rated power a 1 and 2 ohms(never tested at4) with my voltage never going below 13.7v

I "beat" the crap out of them both for a tad over a year and not one problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.