Ipod with headunit

Bing
10+ year member

Right now I have an older premier...I love the head unit but I need soemthing I can run my ipod through. I think I am going to need an aux input, and if this is the case can someone point me in the direction of a good headunit thats around 250. Or if there is some other way to run my ipod through my head unit let me know...

The higher end 2003 models and most of the 04 models are compatable with the Alpine iPod interface (costs $100). I just ordered mine the other day from Crutchfield- it lets you control your iPod directly from the radio.

You think ipods would be ok with subs? I know some people who tried putting harddrives in their cars but the vibrations totally ****ed them up.

I'd suggest heading over to http://www.elitecaraudio.com and doing a search on ipods...I know several people there are using the iPod and the iPod interface with their Alpine's and a few did reviews as well...

I should have mine in late next week...I'll try and do a review of it.

I should have my unit tomorrow. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll try and get it installed. Then maybe I'll get aruond to doing a review of it.

You can hook it up to any h/u, that's not a problem. If you want compatability, the Alpine's with Ai-net are the way to go.

alright i get it. You can hook it up to any head unit, but if you get an alpine then the headunit can control it instead of using the ipods controls.

alright i get it. You can hook it up to any head unit, but if you get an alpine then the headunit can control it instead of using the ipods controls.
Booyah.

On h/u's that have an aux rca connection you can use that, others you'll have to use the fm modulator...

Sorry old topic...but how would one go about connecting it using the "bus" (this is usually yellow correct?) wire. I love me old premier and would love to be able to hook my ipod up to it. I"ve tried fm transmitters, they are horrible. I just need some new ideas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.