EQ settings on Ipod touch vs Stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

mjhubbard77

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a car that I don't drive much. For over 10 years I've had the same Pioneer stereo, speakers, and amp and the only thing I listened to was the ipod classic hooked up through the back of the stereo.

I just replaced the stereo with a new Kenwood Excelon and swapped out the ipod classic for an ipod touch. The sound is a little different - not necessarily better or worse, just not quite what I've been used to for all these years. I prefer to get all of my eq and audio settings dialed in now and then not mess with it anymore.

How do the ipod eq settings and stereo eq settings interact with each other? Should I turn off the ipod eq (or leave it flat) and adjust the stereo eq? Or vice versa? Does anybody have any experience with what normally sounds better?

My recommendation is to leave the iPod EQ flat. You have a premium head unit with the eXcelon, and it has MUCH better internal components than the iPod. I would also avoid using more than 80% of the volume range on the iPod unless your adapter bypasses the volume controls (which is preferred). Rely on the eXcelon controls.

My recommendation is to leave the iPod EQ flat. You have a premium head unit with the eXcelon, and it has MUCH better internal components than the iPod. I would also avoid using more than 80% of the volume range on the iPod unless your adapter bypasses the volume controls (which is preferred). Rely on the eXcelon controls.
Good explanation, thanks.

id turn the iPod eq off/flat. fwiw, the ipods dont clip at full volume. i have had many and i have a scope

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...