Ipod Aux Wiring Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

JMayRx8
10+ year member

Houston
So i got my subs installed awhile back and a couple days after the install my aux went out. I assumed it had something to do with the subs so i took it back to the place that did the install and he said something or other burned up but it wasnt due to the subs.

About 6 months after that it went out again, and i figured it was the same problem. Just now got to looking at it, I pulled my whole head unit out and noticed a red wire was hanging out. I looks like the same red wire that goes into the back of my AUX on/off switch. So i figured that was the reason it is no longer working, not something else burning up or whatever.

Now the only problem is I have no clue where it goes! My AUX works so that when i turn it on and put the station on FM 88.3 it plays my ipod. So i need help figuring out where to attach it to get it to work like that again.

Attached are the pics of the back and bottom of my head unit and then pics of my aux setup and the wire i found dangling around.

View attachment 26542614View attachment 26542615View attachment 26542616View attachment 26542617View attachment 26542618View attachment 26542619View attachment 26542620

i plugged the red wire into the antenna hole with the antenna and tried it, but still doesnt work... should it be plugged in somewhere else or is the transmitter maybe just broken??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.