iPhone 5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never liked apple, especially after my ipod touch just randomly stopped working one day from the battery shorting out and nearly catching on fire. Luckily my headunit supports an SD card so I just put all my music on that.

My headunit does have a USB port, however my iphone serves as my hub of digital everything:music

movies

pictures

GPS

address/phonebook/bluetooth calling

Pandora
Maybe I'm missing somethin here. On my iPhone I plug the USB cable from my phone to my headunit and all my music, pandora and even phone calls come thru. The new lighting plug will still be USB on the other end....

Maybe I'm missing somethin here. On my iPhone I plug the USB cable from my phone to my headunit and all my music, pandora and even phone calls come thru. The new lighting plug will still be USB on the other end....
Yea it will, but that means you will have to buy that adapter. Also, it means that if you share a car with someone that plugs in their iPhone/iTouch in the car sometimes, they will not be able to because you will have a lighting port, not an ipod port. Furthermore, another $70 to buy from Pioneer.

Yea it will, but that means you will have to buy that adapter. Also, it means that if you share a car with someone that plugs in their iPhone/iTouch in the car sometimes, they will not be able to because you will have a lighting port, not an ipod port. Furthermore, another $70 to buy from Pioneer.
What do you need an adapter for? Use your charging plug. plug the USB into the radio, plug the other end in your phone.

What do you need an adapter for? Use your charging plug. plug the USB into the radio, plug the other end in your phone.
doesn't support Video-out.

Also, apparently the new Iphone 5 does not let you control, surf, or browse playlists and active iPhone controls via the lighting port. WTF is that about?

doesn't support Video-out.
Also, apparently the new Iphone 5 does not let you control, surf, or browse playlists and active iPhone controls via the lighting port. WTF is that about?
Whaaaaaaaat. THAT does $uck

Whaaaaaaaat. THAT does $uck
At least from what I've read, it won't be compatible with the adapter. I'm assuming that Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc will pay apple BIG $$$ to license lightning to usb adapters that will allow this function. If this function is removed completely, I'm sticking with my iPhone 4. Plus, I feel like its so dangerous to use the iphone to control while driving, using a headunit (esp touchscreen) is a lot safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...