iPad 4 Install as HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

keeph8n

I know alot of people use iPad 1-3 and just run it as an AUX setup off a standard HU with USB. I'm trying to figure out if with this new iPad 4 with the lightning connector vs standard 30 pin connector if people are having any luck?

Will using an adapter from the lightning connector to a 30 pin degrade the sound quality at all? I will be running an iPad 4 and just a signal/line converter(ie RF 3sixty.3, audison bit ten, etc etc) and an iStreamer to convert the iPad signal to a set of RCAs. I'm wanting to eliminate the factory HU and not run an aftermarket HU at all because I do not think the aftermarket HU will charge the iPad 4 at the same time.

Am I just crazy and should just run a HU as a processor for the iPad signal and just have my fabricator build my dash and just have an aftermarket HU hidden somewhere?

I know alot of people use iPad 1-3 and just run it as an AUX setup off a standard HU with USB. I'm trying to figure out if with this new iPad 4 with the lightning connector vs standard 30 pin connector if people are having any luck?
Will using an adapter from the lightning connector to a 30 pin degrade the sound quality at all?
No.. its the same thing almost. The only difference is on the phones side, otherwise it still plugs in and works the same via usb. For audio at least.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.