Inverter Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

IFeelYourPain
10+ year member

I am having a little bit of a upgrade that I am wanting to do. I have a 19' TV, a mount plate, and am looking for an inverter, but know very little about them. From what I can tell, they are like Amplifiers, but store energy to convert it into AC energy.

Anyway, I was originally wanting to just have one power inverter with 150/300 wattz, and then just have a usb hub wired into fuse box. However when wiring the hub into the box, instead of sending equal power to all the ports, the energy is split.

Now I'm trying to figure out what I need to do here. I assume I will need an inverter to do this, and then hook up the multihub, however I am not sure if the hub will again split the power source, so I am not sure if I should just get a inverter with just 2 usb slots and 2 outlets, or what.

I'm not even sure what I would need as far as wattage, and can I use a cord or plug to double the number of outputs, like I could with the hub.

I just really need to know the setup I should use.

Can I use this:

300W Car Power Inverter, XO Vision - Walmart.com

and then this to double the usb ports:

Walmart.com: IOGEAR 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub: Computers

Or will I have the same issue as just using the cigerette lighter to usb adapter and splitting it that way using the hub.

Will an inverter drain the battery while car in use?

Will it have an effect on my 3000w amp and slowing it down or anything if both are wired to battery?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.