Interstate batteries = bad quality?

meh batteries fail... it happens just like anything we purchase has a chance to fail. So people have better luck with things then other people. Hell my step dad bought a brand new vehicle(i mean it had 37 miles on it new) and drove it week and the Alternator failed on it..... shit happens.

i have a teammate that runs like 7 interstate batteries and has i think going on 4 years and they are fine and pass load test and bought them used when he got them

Gotta pay extra for that virgin.
I guess marketing really pays off.

Seriously, OP, you pay 70-80$ for a battery don't expect much. The fact that they only warranty it for 2 years should tell you that that is the point at which they will begin to fail.

Also you have no idea what has happened to them. Has the charging system been functioning properly/optimally? Did someone leave accessories on overnight a couple times and deep cycle it? I guarantee you can't say for sure so you really can't comment on the battery. Triple your budget and buy a Sears Platinum Die Hard. They warranty 5 years.

i didn't pick the battery, i mentioned the story throughout this thread if you read what i wrote lol

ive also mentioned that i know the history of this battery, and i also mentioned i dont expect great things for a cheap price but in light of the way they market their batteries as high quality it bothers me. however, i did take from this that there's much better batteries to be had than interstate for the money.

Seriously, OP, you pay 70-80$ for a battery don't expect much. The fact that they only warranty it for 2 years should tell you that that is the point at which they will begin to fail.

Also you have no idea what has happened to them. Has the charging system been functioning properly/optimally? Did someone leave accessories on overnight a couple times and deep cycle it? I guarantee you can't say for sure so you really can't comment on the battery. Triple your budget and buy a Sears Platinum Die Hard. They warranty 5 years.
So your suggesting the OP go out and buy a $300+ battery??

Great suggestion. While your at it, why not tell him to upgrade his alt too and spend another 300-500.

I would shop around before getting another. Sometimes CL has used good ones for cheap. Also shop around. Like I said, batteries have gotten so dam expensive over the course of the years it's retarded. A lot of folks are on a budget, such as me, so not a lot of people can fork over 300 for a good quality battery.

actually met up with some locals that run the diehard platinums. They had to rma 3 times in their 5 years of ownership. With batteries, there's always a chance of failing. Only thing thats a safe bet is a warranty. They are out of warranty but their current one is lasting for 1 1/2 years so far.

I quit buying expensive "name brand" batteries for my daily drivers.

Now I run all Walmart batteries. Either the really cheap $55 ones with the 2 year warranty, or spend the extra $20 or so for the Plus or Premium batteries with the 3 year warranty.

I don't like supporting Walmart for anything, but its hard to pass up a battery that is half the cost and lasts the same amount of time.

I did a bunch of research on batteries recently, trying to find a good AGM.... It turns out that China is one of the only countries that produce cores from virgin lead. Most other countries have banned the production of virgin lead, so most of it in USA, Mexico, and other major countries all use recycled unless the core is coming from China.

So your suggesting the OP go out and buy a $300+ battery??
Great suggestion. While your at it, why not tell him to upgrade his alt too and spend another 300-500.

I would shop around before getting another. Sometimes CL has used good ones for cheap. Also shop around. Like I said, batteries have gotten so dam expensive over the course of the years it's retarded. A lot of folks are on a budget, such as me, so not a lot of people can fork over 300 for a good quality battery.
Whatever. Pay now or pay later. Buy an 80$ battery every 2 years or pay 225$ every 5.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.