Interesting problem with kill switch. *yes I searched*

Virindok
10+ year member

PA
I'm having a weird issue with my kill switch. I searched and searched but can't find a similar problem.

Switch has pos+, neg-, and remote turn on. Pos is running to 12 volt source. Neg running to direct ground. Remote running to one amplifier currently.

This works fine.

However, when I attach the remote wire from my other amplifier to the switch OR the first amplifiers remote wire, it sends both into protect. If I attach the second amplifier's remote wire to the 12v POS+ source first, then turn on the switch for the first amplifier (all on same switch) both work.

What the eff?

What kind of switch is this? Most switches just have two leads. Splice the wire , then put the switch in. Lighted switches usually have a ground. Never seen one the way you described. Do you have a relay wired to the switch? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What kind of switch is this? Most switches just have two leads. Splice the wire , then put the switch in. Lighted switches usually have a ground. Never seen one the way you described. Do you have a relay wired to the switch? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
This^^^ I have a switch to shut off my mids and highs when I do comps and it is lighted. I left the ground off because my mechanic said it was only for the light and I didn't want that. It works fine.

you need to run a SPST relay also.....switch isnt giving enough remote signal to the amp so both go into protect...i have the same..and running 3 amps off the same switch...but i wired in a relay.

you need to run a SPST relay also.....switch isnt giving enough remote signal to the amp so both go into protect...i have the same..and running 3 amps off the same switch...but i wired in a relay.
Its very unlikely any switch you purchase can't handle 12v @ a few miliamps.

I would worry more about the rem output on the headunit than the switch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.