Intele/Smart charger on miss matched batteries?

Participant count
  • Participant list

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Simple question really, if this sounds retarded welp.. then call me retarded. I've got an XS Power D545 under the hood to start the car, and a single XS Power XP750 in the trunk. (Hanging out with a Hertz EP4, SAX-1000D, and an oem Boes amp) I want to get a tender to keep the batteries in top shape, you're supposed to charge the XP series before using them but I have no charger and I didn't want some tard at Autozone trying to figure out how to hook up their charger to the bolt terminals.. I'm getting around .3/.5 Volt drop at full tilt, (much better than over 1 volt drop with only the little D545 running the show).. But I figure keeping the two batteries on a tender over the weekends when I don't drive the car wouldn't hurt at all.

So basically, should I electrically separate the batteries and put them on a tender one at a time? Or could I just hook it to the front battery and let it charge both from there. Also for the charger/tender im looking for, I know the XS Power intele charger is nice and well made, anyone have experience with it and have negative feedback?

Thanks!

The intellicharger is pretty expensive for a tender.. Most tenders are much smaller (around 0.5-2a) and work fine. Remember that they're made to hold your battery's voltage and top them off, not so much to charge them.

The intellicharger is pretty expensive for a tender.. Most tenders are much smaller (around 0.5-2a) and work fine. Remember that they're made to hold your battery's voltage and top them off, not so much to charge them.
I was looking at this as an alternative to the XS Power one, not like I have a bank of batteries or anything.. Might as well save $100

CTEK Multi US 7002 12V Battery Charger : Amazon.com : Automotive

I was looking at this as an alternative to the XS Power one, not like I have a bank of batteries or anything.. Might as well save $100CTEK Multi US 7002 12V Battery Charger : Amazon.com : Automotive
I use this one, they make a larger 3.5a version for $20 more.. I can't testify on how well it works because I just got it and tonight is the first time I hooked it up lol

NOCO Genius G1100 6V/12V 1.1 Amp Smart Battery Charger and Maintainer : Amazon.com : Automotive

Upon further inspection it would probably only work well for a smaller under the hood battery. This larger one is good for up to 230AH of batteries, though.

http://www.amazon.com/NOCO-G7200-Battery-Charger-Maintainer/dp/B004LWTHP2/ref=pd_sim_auto_8

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.