Insurance on a system?

Yea receipts definately do help because if you don't the un-educated insurance people can easily screw you over trying to do there own research and they don't try very hard.

When I was working at Bestbuy in 2004 I got a call from an insurance woman asking how much some kids subs and amps were (which we didn't sell). Don't remember what exactly he had but I gave her an educated guess since I spent way too much time on here back in 2004.

My insurance co.(state farm) will ONLY cover if I have the original receipt. They won't allow pictures of the system to be used as evidence that I have the system. And I only have liability coverage.

I have my stereo covered under my full coverage.It does require an extra policy called a "rider policy".It needs to be purchased in addition to the normal policy but has some benefits.My policy covers up to 3000 the limit I set(yours could be more or less depending on equipment).It costs an exta 15 a month but if any thing is stolen they will replace it at full price with NO deductible.Check with your insurance agent and tell them what you have and want.They should be able to get you what you need.Also take pictures for eveidance and have the agent put them in your file.ANd if you upgrade anything be sure to let them know.

Is the price lower the lower you would like them to cover?

Like you said 15 dollars a month for 3000 dollars

would it be less money a month for them to cover only a thousand?

I have geico and they cover everything under the rider policy. They cover After market Rims, body pieces(KIT) after market engine upgrades and audio. Everything you list they cover. I pay an extra 15-20 dollars a month. And already had to use it once and they didn't give me any problems sent me the money to replace the stolen items and called it a day. No rise in cost or anything.

Why are people so afraid to call professionals to get answered? Guess what buddy, your insurance agent is the ONLY PERSON WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER FOR YOU.
lies, obivously CA.com members are experts in every single legal issue known to man

You would have to ask the agent on that one but I would say 10 bucks a month.I mean I got 3000 for 15-20 so probably half that.And if your agent doesn't know about it then they don't know ****!

Alright guys got a good story for you to read:

So a buddy of mine a few years back purchased insureance for all of his stereo equipment and whatnot. Well he had a pretty decent set up, but nothing special.

Now here's were it get's good. So his truck actually does get broke into and his system does get stolen. Your probably thinking "oh no, how's ge going to get out of this one". Well this is where having friends who work at audio shops come in handy.

So he files a claim with the insurance company and they ask for receipts for all his equipment:greedy: So our guy prints out a **** LOAD of fake reciepts for ALLL high end type stuff. Awww yeah.

In the end the insurance company pays for the robbery and he get's a outrageous new system:laugh:

I'm sure someone will think this is made up but I don't care. I'm going over to his house tonght and playing some mario cart. Yoshi FTW!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.