Insurance on a system?

Im sure you could.. But if someone is going to jack your system, they would probably have heard it thumping in the first place.. No personal experience just a thought (especially with that big bastard your running lol)

Well, either way a LOT of people know that I have this system and some of which arent too trustworthy so I would like to insure the system soon!! VERY SOON if I can!

Any help is appreciated!

yes some insurance companies will cover stolen items from the vehicle. with progressive i pay an extra premium that covers "aftermarket" items and i had to tell them whats in the vehicle before they are covered. like say my eclipse double din gets stolen, but i didnt tell them i had it. well say i call them and say my stereo got stolen, theyll give me the money to cover the honda factory radio, not the value of the eclipse. but since its on my list of things covered they will cover it.

i wanna say theyll cover up to 6k worth of stuff.

Do I need to have full coverage on my car to be able to cover it because I am only covering liability right now because its not worth it to fully cover a 96 jimmy.

Thanks!

yeah you need full coverage to cover that.

I have allstate and my agent said my audio stuff is covered I think up to $5,000 and I dont need extra coverage (this is with allstate so it may vary with whatever company you have)

but just to be sure I atleast took pics and keep the manuals

yeah you need full coverage to cover that.
I have allstate and my agent said my audio stuff is covered I think up to $5,000 and I dont need extra coverage (this is with allstate so it may vary with whatever company you have)

but just to be sure I atleast took pics and keep the manuals
Same here. Take pics and go to your insurance agent. I'm sure they can add coverage if necessary.

As has been mentioned above you typically need to have full (comprehensive) coverage for your audio system to even be covered at all. In addition, having the equipment mounted to the vehicle along with pictures and receipts will go a long way. Also, check to see if your policy pays an actual cash value (value minus depreciation) or a replacement cost. You will likely need to add a rider for the equipment and pay more for it but hey what's your piece of mind and gear worth?

My uncle got his civic robbed at his apartment, it was all crappy stuff, but they wouldn't cover because it wasn't screwed to anything. With his new setup he just got a cheap little angle bracket with a screw to hold the sub box and screwed his amp to his box and he has coverage on it. Stupid I know, but thats insurance companies for you. I think he had full coverage too.

yeah i have allstate too, and i have ZA coverage, which basically is meant towards audio, rims, accessories basically. i had to learn the hard way. i have 2 cars, and my accord, they broke in and stole my kicker kx700.5, called the insurance (had full coverage for both cars), and when i took it to the shop. allstate guy said that i dont have ZA coverage, so they cant cover nothing. only thing they said is if they took the radio, then that would be covered since its part of the car, not outside or laying in the trunk if that makes sense.

so then i got ZA coverage for both cars, yeah i got ****ed because my agent never decided to mention this to me, so i am out of a nice amp. so yeah ZA coverage will cover up to $2500, and the deductible is only $100.

Why are people so afraid to call professionals to get answered? Guess what buddy, your insurance agent is the ONLY PERSON WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER FOR YOU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.