Installing first car audio system need help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi guys I have just purchased a new car Toyota 86 GT 2013 model and am looking to upgrade the sound system in it as the current system ***** now I'm new to this whole thing and basically no next to nothing I will probably just disconnect the rear speakers and only use the front. I do want a subwoofer I listen to dubstep so I like lots of bass but I still like to enjoy clear crisp sound so was wondering if you guys could help me out with what parts to get I do want to replace the headunit as well. Will I need 2 amps one too power the front speakers and one to power the subwoofer or only need one sorry I really have no idea I'm not wanting to spend over 8-900$ Australian on the system if you guys could recommend me a build that would be great.

the front speakers in the car are a 6.5"

Hi guys I have just purchased a new car Toyota 86 GT 2013 model and am looking to upgrade the sound system in it as the current system ***** now I'm new to this whole thing and basically no next to nothing I will probably just disconnect the rear speakers and only use the front. I do want a subwoofer I listen to dubstep so I like lots of bass but I still like to enjoy clear crisp sound so was wondering if you guys could help me out with what parts to get I do want to replace the headunit as well. Will I need 2 amps one too power the front speakers and one to power the subwoofer or only need one sorry I really have no idea I'm not wanting to spend over 8-900$ Australian on the system if you guys could recommend me a build that would be great. the front speakers in the car are a 6.5"
Thats the scion frs /subaru brz right? There are s couple of build logs on diyma covering those cars

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

MiGHT I suggest a 5 ch amp. There's a lot avail but Massive Audio NX5 is nice. I used to own one. Lots of power in a little footprint. 120x4 @ 4 ohms + 800x1 into 1 ohm

PPI has a nice 5 ch amp also.

This way you don't have to bother with multiple amps.

the general rule of thumb is, the more space the more bass. so for a sub, the bigger the box, the more output you can get. So first i would see what your max box dimensions are and then see what size sub fits in that space (use internal cubic feet volume). then pick an amp and match it with a sub

Thanks mate will do that now what brands wouldYou recommend for a sub as I don't want to go out and buy a crappy quality one
Pretty sure austrailia has access to digital designs. They are pricey but they arent one of the top dogs for nothing. Ground zero is next on the list.

If you want something cheaper and off the shelf mainstream then alpine type R is readily availabe in every continent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.