Installers needed..audiolife,jlainne, etc

Participant count
  • Participant list

cfurtick
10+ year member

SC
I was hoping you guys could help me think of a few ways to recruit installers. I worked at a shop in a bigger city that was well established so we were inundated with resumes. Now that I am in a smaller city with out recognition it is hard to find good help. I thought you guys might could give me some ideas I haven't thought of.

thanks in advance

Originally posted by cfurtick I was hoping you guys could help me think of a few ways to recruit installers. I worked at a shop in a bigger city that was well established so we were inundated with resumes. Now that I am in a smaller city with out recognition it is hard to find good help. I thought you guys might could give me some ideas I haven't thought of.

thanks in advance
Offer me enough to move there?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lets see.. first thing I would do is go around your regional vicinity (say perhaps 100 mile radius) and hit all the local hot stops, and ANY competition scenes you can find, and ask around. Find nice and complete installs and ask people who/where/when/how and whatever else comes to mind. Recall that it is NOT improper to walk into the shop you are referred to and offer the local installer your card, if he is coming highly recommended. Just be prepared to beat the competition's offer for his help.

After you have all of that covered, go through the drudgery of posting a help wanted ad in some of the areas that car audio is pretty heavy in your region.

Can't stress it enough though- if they are toting themselves as 'pro's', get their install book... they should have one if they are really toting themselves.

I shouldn't talk much, as I don't have a book, I just take photos here and there.... but at least I have SOME photos of my work and can present them when asked...

in your position you need 1 really good installer and grow from there. knowledge and skill is needed from him the rest need to have an idea but the ability to learn. basically set it up with the ability to grow instead of pumping $$$ out the ying yang. once the others get to a certain level then you have other choices to go from. i would press for them to learn mecp...you get involved with your lead installer and discuss what you want out of it...2 reasons for this 1 you see the learning curve of your installers applied directly to their job 2 if a problem arrises a mechanic cant say you dont know what you are talking about as you have techs that are up to par (quite a few times you will undoubtably run into an idiot that says you messed up their car..mechanic sees aftermarket electronics they AUTOMATICALLY say its the new stuff) i guess there is a 3rd reason..customers see your people are certified they trust u more. biggest misconception is when bosses/owners see the installers talk to the customers if its over business and getting to know the customer pat your installer on the back 9 out of ten problems are solved this way (before they happen) and if a problem should arise they are much easier to handle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.