Installed my Subwoofer and couldn't be happier. What's next?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have installed a GCON 12", with an Alpine MRV-M500 in my 2016 Kia Soul and it sounds incredible. This was my first car audio install so I'm still pretty new to all this.

Now I want to shift my focus onto my other speakers. My car has 4 door speakers, front and back, and two 'tweeters'. What would be the next thing for me to upgrade? Should I just get 4 nice mid ranges for the door speakers and a 4 channel amp to accompany it? If I go this route, how does the wiring work? i know that I would need a distribution block to split the power, but would i need a larger wire coming from the battery that I currently have? Also, I'm going with the stock head unit and I have my sub tapped into the speaker wire behind it. If I added 4 more speakers, could i just tap into the speaker wire again at a separate place?

I really get confused when I start looking into upgrading tweeters. Looking at my wiring diagram, I see now direct speaker output to the tweeter level as seen here Kia Soul: Audio Unit Components - Audio - Body Electrical System - Kia Soul 2014-2016 PS Service Manual. Do you hook tweeters up to amps, or is the power going to them from the head unit sufficient to just upgrade the speaker itself?

Thanks in advanced for all your help and please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.