Installed HU using amp integration - no subwoofer activity?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dasaesthetics

florida
Previous owner had this HU, Panasonic CQ-VD7001U In-dash DVD player with 7" LCD video screen at Crutchfield.com , had this feature called CS AUTO that would utilize the sub and it would sound pretty **** good.

installed this Pioneer AVH-X4800BS DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com using a amp integration wiring method since my vehicle (06 civic ex) comes with a factory amp.

is there a way to get the subwoofer to perform as it was before? i've tried playing with the audio settings, and even if i turn the subwoofer off in the menu, it sounds identical which means its not even on?

CS Auto...utilize the sub. I'm not sure I follow but if you mean sub control then the settings need adjusting, mainly the subwoofer setting.

It almost sounds like he had the previous HU wired with the sub too and now your trying to do the same with that same factory amp?

CS Auto...utilize the sub. I'm not sure I follow but if you mean sub control then the settings need adjusting, mainly the subwoofer setting.
It almost sounds like he had the previous HU wired with the sub too and now your trying to do the same with that same factory amp?
With the previous HU, if you go into the EQ audio settings you had three (3) options: THROUGH, GEQ, and CS AUTO. When using the last one, the sub would really come alive. I can't find that feature on the new HU. We used the same wiring.

Is it a factory sub? Or aftermarket? Is it ran off the factory amp or aftermarket?
factory sub and factory amp.

I used the same wiring methods (soldering RCA cables to the stereo wires) and even the same brand of both harness and antenna adapter by pure coincidene, idk why there should be any difference unless i have to play with the audio settings some more, but i have exhausted that pretty much already.

CS Auto turned on other features within it, in your case most likely you are looking for TruBass.

TruBass is an audio technology to which the technique of bass sound reproduction used in pipe organs is electrically applied, and in which an equalizer is not used at all and bass sound from the speakers to be used is richly reproduced.

This just sounds like a fancy bass boost to me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.