Portable Stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

EvanJL

I have some extra car audio items lying around and was toying with the idea of building a portable stereo to take camping and what not. I am no expert in the audio game so I figured I would run my idea by some people prior to starting. I realize the equipment being used isn't top notch.

Components:

Amp: BOSS RIP500w 2 channel amp

Sub: Infinity 1050w

Speakers: Two Pioneer TS-G1645R 6.5"

Plan:

-Sealed enclosure with sub and speakers in separate chambers.

-Amp with internal high and low crossovers --- will leave on full so no crossover activated

-Wire the two speakers in series to one channel

-Wire the other channel to the sub with an after amplifier passive low-pass crossover

-Hook amp to car battery that will be attached to the enclosure.

-Use cord with red/white RCAs on one end and a 3.5mm male head phone connector to connect system to ipod to provide signal to amp.

Questions:

- Will this set up work? I think it will but i may be way off base.

- Can I do a crossover after amplifier? If so, any product recommendations

- Should i separate each speaker into its own chamber?

- Any thoughts on how long the system would run off a car battery....i realize i depends on the size of the battery but how about like a medium sized battery that you would find in an SUV?

Hopefully that is enough info---let me know what you think.

No you need a 4 channel or a 3 channel with proper crossovers. If not your subwoofer will play vocals and it'll sound nasty. You are better off porting the box with just the 6.5s to get bass and fully power those 6.5s

For ported subwoofer boxes, i usually tune them to approx. 32 Hz. What frequency is appropriate for speakers, or is it that same because I am trying to "amplify" that frequency?

Also, i usually us WinISD for my subwoofer box design.....does that software work for speakers?

For ported subwoofer boxes, i usually tune them to approx. 32 Hz. What frequency is appropriate for speakers, or is it that same because I am trying to "amplify" that frequency?
No, try around 40 to 60hz with speakers. You wont get noticeable 30hz output out of speakers theres limits to how much they can do. If you want really deep, youllneed more channels and a small seperate midbass or sub crossed low.

I have some extra car audio items lying around and was toying with the idea of building a portable stereo to take camping and what not...
As an avid camper/whitewater kayaker and tree hugging dirt worshiping hippie I ask you PLEASE leave your electrically amplified music at home.

John Kuthe...

As an avid camper/whitewater kayaker and tree hugging dirt worshiping hippie I ask you PLEASE leave your electrically amplified music at home.
John Kuthe...
Look who's talking. A fagg*t *ss hippie that looks like this. yes op dear lil jane kuthe looks just like a fairy, ignore him, he's a retarded blight on the forum.

53c4a93665e0654e6aa2ba0adbaa70fb-bpfull.jpg

Look who's talking. A fagg*t *ss hippie that looks like this. yes op dear lil jane kuthe looks just like a fairy, ignore him, he's a retarded blight on the forum.
53c4a93665e0654e6aa2ba0adbaa70fb-bpfull.jpg
Awww, you are made sexually INSECURE at my color choices!! So sad for YOU! ROFL!!!

I happen to LOVE pink and purple, and they are my fave colors. The whole continuum, as they appear in many sunrises and sunsets! Mother Nature is a wonderful artiste!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.