Installed by a professional and still need help

Clb02l

I have. 2015 Hyundai turbo Veloster. First, I have decided to keep my stock radio on account of loosing climate controls display and temp display that I would loose by going with aftermarket radio. Anyway I had installed a Memphis 5 channel mclass amplifier to push my surrounds and my Memphis m6 subwoofer. I also am running a Memphis crossover to balance out the audio. System sounds fantastic other than one huge problem in my opinion. I am getting audio noise or static. Engine on or off. It's quite annoying. Installed, whom is a very nice guy says it's the radio(head unit which is factory) says it's because the signal coming out of it is so low and too compensate u need to turn the gains on amplifier up more than usual. Even with gains turned down you still hear static through speakers. To see if it was the radio and not rca"s or the running of the power wire, he took his phone and went straight to the crossover and hooked his phone into that and zero static. If it was crossover or rca or power or ground wire there would be static. Since he was using the phone as a radio(so to speak) tells me that it's the radio. Cause it goes from radio to crossover. Hook phone in before crossover and it goes away. Does anybody have a suggestion that him or don't know about of thought of. Please help cause this static is really a pain at low volumes. I don't be necessarily listen to my music at high volumes all the time. Any help here would b appreciated.

It could be the radio. Mine does it if I use its master volume instead of the DSP. It's just a bad S/N ratio with a cheap HU.

Arc audio just came out with a noise gate to fix it. I'm going to try one soon. It's bad with my Ford Sync, sounds like a fax machine sometimes.

Thanks for the reply. Could you please send me a link to what your talking about or where to buy. I'm desperate. Don't care what it costs. Ok well, to a certain extent. Lol.

Keeping the stock radio always presents problems when adding aftermarket audio goodies. Imo, it's always a good idea to also get an aftermarket HU.

Are you running a line converter?

Yes I have a line converter too. The reason I am trying to keep the stock head unit is because Veloster integrated the climate display into radio. I have up and down buttons for fan control but to see what the fan speed is or even if the air is directed towards your face, feet or even defroster shown up on the radio nav unit. It just ***** to buy a new can and loose some of these minor features. I'm just wondering if the piece of equipment mentioned in post above would work. Not excactly sure what it is or does. I dabble in car audio but I'm not a installer myself.

what you are describing sounds in awful lot like your noise floor is audible. Every system has a noise floor but idealy you will not hear it but low inout voltage and high gains can cause it to be audible. Typically a dsp will help to get rid of this type of issue when dealing with factory equipment as they are often built for this. I peaked over at memphis' website and it doesnt appear that they have any legit dsp offerings so im not sure what the crossover you have is doing for you at this point. So i would suggest either grabbing that noise gate from ARC or looking at one of the many dsp offerings out there from companies like Audison, Hertz, Arc Audio, Helix, MiniDSP, Alpine, Zapco, Mosconi and there are more but those are just a few.

what you are describing sounds in awful lot like your noise floor is audible. Every system has a noise floor but idealy you will not hear it but low inout voltage and high gains can cause it to be audible. Typically a dsp will help to get rid of this type of issue when dealing with factory equipment as they are often built for this. I peaked over at memphis' website and it doesnt appear that they have any legit dsp offerings so im not sure what the crossover you have is doing for you at this point. So i would suggest either grabbing that noise gate from ARC or looking at one of the many dsp offerings out there from companies like Audison, Hertz, Arc Audio, Helix, MiniDSP, Alpine, Zapco, Mosconi and there are more but those are just a few.
Once you amplify a noisy signal you will start hearing it. It's bad with my ford.

Even with the DSP it's there if you use the factory volume

I also believe your installer is correct. Factory head unit is likely your culprit and I'd be a bit sceptical of any product that claims it can fix that. Garbage in garbage out.

I also believe your installer is correct. Factory head unit is likely your culprit and I'd be a bit sceptical of any product that claims it can fix that. Garbage in garbage out.
Noise gates worked in the past before aftermarket HUs got better. They where in all the top cars

It's not a bad signal just a bit noisy

I ordered arc audio noise gate module. I have 30 days to return it if it doesn't work. Fingers crossed. Just hoping it helps a little bit.

Do report back, there's more and more people using factory heads these days what with all the other crap integrated into them by manufacturers.

I know. And that's excactly the reason why I don't want to replace my head unit. As soon as it's installed I will let you know if it helped or not. Thanks for everyone's help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.