Installed by a professional and still need help

Ok guys, here's the update. The arc audio noise gate has been installed. I'm thinking of pulling it out and sending it back. The noise gate is acting like basically a gate. When there isn't any audio signal detected it closes the gate and yes it works and no hiss. When audio signal is detected the gate opens up to let sound through. Along with hiss. It can't deferentiate (not good with spelling) the hiss from music. So say you have a song that there is singing but there is a instant pause. It will shut the gate to no hiss. Then singing picks back up and gate opens up. Hiss will be back. It's very annoying cause you hear hiss no hiss hiss no hiss. It can't pull out the hiss during audio. So all you hear is back and forth. Not what I was expecting. Tried tuning this noise gate and playing around with it. Set it to excactly what directions tell you to do and still can't take care of hiss. Between songs it works great. During song not so much. It is just better to deal with hiss then the back and forth thing. Sorry guys I wanted so bad for this to work. Will keep fingers crossed on something to get invented or find something now.

Ok guys, here's the update. The arc audio noise gate has been installed. I'm thinking of pulling it out and sending it back. The noise gate is acting like basically a gate. When there isn't any audio signal detected it closes the gate and yes it works and no hiss. When audio signal is detected the gate opens up to let sound through. Along with hiss. It can't deferentiate (not good with spelling) the hiss from music. So say you have a song that there is singing but there is a instant pause. It will shut the gate to no hiss. Then singing picks back up and gate opens up. Hiss will be back. It's very annoying cause you hear hiss no hiss hiss no hiss. It can't pull out the hiss during audio. So all you hear is back and forth. Not what I was expecting. Tried tuning this noise gate and playing around with it. Set it to excactly what directions tell you to do and still can't take care of hiss. Between songs it works great. During song not so much. It is just better to deal with hiss then the back and forth thing. Sorry guys I wanted so bad for this to work. Will keep fingers crossed on something to get invented or find something now.
Contact arc.

Brad@arcaudio.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.