Install

bgbllr22489
10+ year member

Today me and my friend took out his radio b/c he ordered a indash and we were seein how to get the old radio out.....but wen we got it out there was a clip on the back that connected the wires to the radio but wen he gets his indash wont he hve to take off the clip that is on there and strip the wires and connected them that way cause wen i was at another one of my friends he was doin it that way?????

go to circuit city or best buy and buy a harness for your car. tell them you need a wiring harness for your 2002 chevy cavalier (or whatever car he has). you will most likely need a fitment kit or installation kit for your car unless its a ford. if you have never installed a CD player in a car, i highly suggest that you ask somone who has, or have somone teach you in the car. espically if it is a double din indash unit.

just make sure it's specific to the year/model

the wrong harness can cause serious electrical gremlins, and will void his warranty at the dealer

i'd get a wiring diagram and splice it in myself, i've heard some wiring harness disaster stories

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgbllr22489

10+ year member
bgbllr22489
westville, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from