install tips for image dynamics full bodied horns

Participant count
  • Participant list

savagebee
10+ year member

sociomagicologistics
OK 918
So my full bodied horns came in last night, and I was playing around with some mounting options.

I know I can fit them now, but I was wanting some advice on specifics.

Im wondering if its better to mount them closer to the edge of the dash, or as far away as possible.

Also, should the flare point towards the inside of the car? Or towards the doors? Or does it even matter?

It's best to provide the most seamless transition to the curve of the dash so that the bottom of the dash just transitions right into the top part of the mouth of the horn. The dash should look like an extension of the horn. This is not always possible but come as close as you can. It will aid in additional low frequency loading and prevent diffraction of the high frequencies.

The area where you mount the compression driver should be snug against the kick area, the shallow part of the horns should be pointed toward the center of the dash.

Interesting that the guy in the video doesn't know the difference between a horn's throat and mouth. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

It's best to provide the most seamless transition to the curve of the dash so that the bottom of the dash just transitions right into the top part of the mouth of the horn. The dash should look like an extension of the horn. This is not always possible but come as close as you can. It will aid in additional low frequency loading and prevent diffraction of the high frequencies.
The area where you mount the compression driver should be snug against the kick area, the shallow part of the horns should be pointed toward the center of the dash.
^^^ This man doesnt know ****

Outside, so dem boyz can hear dat Jeezy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
On the hood like bull horns. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so the motor should be on the bottom of the horn when mounted?

Im not at home, so i cant watch vids (cant really at home either, since my internet fails)

Im hoping to "tack them on" tommorrow, just need to scrounge up the hardware for a quickie, If I like them and get them installed where I can still drive then Ill 'glass them to the door trim to help make them seamless

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

savagebee

10+ year member
sociomagicologistics
savagebee
OK 918
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date