Install Problem

Registered
10+ year member

Alabama
So, I finally got around to installing my Shiva...I get everything finished...power the bad boy up...annnnnddd....rattle, rattle, rattle...sub was shipped to me with a blown voice coil. Pretty disappointed seeing as it took almost two months to get it to me (ordered from adireaudio.com, received an email 2 weeks after ordering that the sub was on backorder). So, I sent the sub back, hoping for a speedy one month turnaround.

That's not really my main problem though. My problem is that I don't have my sub in, and after installing everything, rear 6x9's aren't putting out any sounds. I've got an Eclipse 3403 H/U...I've got the RCA Cables and the Power Lead connected to the head unit, but nothing connected on the other end. I tried disconnecting the RCAs to see if that would do anything, but it didnt...I can't really disconnect the power lead since it is crimped...Any ideas what made them turn off? Fader settings are correct.

They're connected to the Head Unit...I took the amp out of the car since I didn't have the sub in there....all the wires are still connected to the head unit though, without the fuse at the battery.

Yeah....no loose wires....

What I'm thinking is that the H/U went into a special mode since it detected the amp...if anyone knows about Eclipse H/Us...

Not to say that you haven't already tried but sometimes it's the simple things we forget. (I've done this myself) Check and make sure that your balance and fade are correct. If everything is connected correctly then you should have no problem getting sound out of your rears especially if you are getting sound from the front. I don't think the radio would have kicked in some different mode detecting an amp

We looks like we have to break it down to find out the cause. Did they play before you installed the sub or are these new too. I guess the first thing i would check is my wiring. if you use an aftermarket wiring harness make sure the wires are correct and aligned with the connector. I had a wiring harness that had one wire in the wrong place and it took my an hour to figure out why the radio wouldn't turn on. looked inside the connector one wire (the ground was not in the right hole) I had to take the pin out and put it in the right spot to line up with the connector. If you have a speaker sitting around and you can easily pull the radio out, wire it up to the rear channels one at a time directly off the radio and verify there is output. if nothing looks like you have another problem to have fixed, the radio

We looks like we have to break it down to find out the cause. Did they play before you installed the sub or are these new too. I guess the first thing i would check is my wiring. if you use an aftermarket wiring harness make sure the wires are correct and aligned with the connector. I had a wiring harness that had one wire in the wrong place and it took my an hour to figure out why the radio wouldn't turn on. looked inside the connector one wire (the ground was not in the right hole) I had to take the pin out and put it in the right spot to line up with the connector. If you have a speaker sitting around and you can easily pull the radio out, wire it up to the rear channels one at a time directly off the radio and verify there is output. if nothing looks like you have another problem to have fixed, the radio
Everything worked fine before I installed the amp and sub, didn't mess with any of the stock speaker wiring. It already had a wiring harness in place, and the only wire I added was the power lead to the amp. Don't think anything got mixed up there. All I did was add that and the RCAs.

Shipped with a blown voice coil? Rattle rattle?

Voice coils are blown from overheating or mechanically pushing it over its limits.. how would they be blown before they were used? Or are you saying they shipped you a used driver?

Shipped with a blown voice coil? Rattle rattle?
Voice coils are blown from overheating or mechanically pushing it over its limits.. how would they be blown before they were used? Or are you saying they shipped you a used driver?
I can guarantee you that we did not send him a used sub. The build house that builds our Shiva's has the best quality control in the industry. Unfortunately a bad one does show up now and again. It is unfortunate if you got one of those, but we will take care of your problem as soon as we can.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.