inside the box

Participant count
  • Participant list

frogcase2002
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Will the shape inside a box change the sound. I'm doing a new box soon and it will be pretty much the size of the trunk so there will be parts of the box that are smaller than others if you know what I'm saying. How would it compare to a box with the same volume and tuning but is just square or rectangle

On my phone so cant put pictures right now. Ill try to explain better. Try to picture a set of stairs but just like 2 or 3 steps and make that a box..... There is the biggest area in the trunk were I always build my box. But there is the area in between the trunk and my fold down seats but its only like a foot high. So lets say when you open the trunk the box is 20" high and as wide as the trunk then goes back untill the end of the trunk then the box would go down to 12" high all he way to my back seats........ if I'm not explaining good I can try to get a pic up

I understand. Just be careful with porting it. You can run into some strange tuning/response problems. There was a 72 caprice I worked on, someone had built a box for it where both the height and width shrank towards the front of the trunk. All the numbers where right, it sounded like crap though, and I'm pretty sure it was the way it was laid out.

I'm wanting to do another 4th order bp. So I mite be able to make the different sized part the sealed area and could make the ported area the square rest of the trunk. Not sure. Kinda new to 4th order bp's...... any good things to know about them???

I'm wanting to do another 4th order bp. So I mite be able to make the different sized part the sealed area and could make the ported area the square rest of the trunk. Not sure. Kinda new to 4th order bp's...... any good things to know about them???
You should let me design it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They can be overwhelming at first.

You should let me design it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
They can be overwhelming at first.
I probably will. Would like to see how it compares to ones I have done(probably a lot better lol). A litttle off topic but when I try to figure out minimum port area for my box it comes out to 250 something. And ported section is only a little over 4 cubes..seems WAY off... made it so I can change ports so I'm still experimenting with different sizes and stuff

I probably will. Would like to see how it compares to ones I have done(probably a lot better lol). A litttle off topic but when I try to figure out minimum port area for my box it comes out to 250 something. And ported section is only a little over 4 cubes..seems WAY off... made it so I can change ports so I'm still experimenting with different sizes and stuff
Just let me know, I love designing bandpasses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.