Input please, First real system

RUGERJITSU
10+ year member

Tejas
This will be my first "real" system...I'm 37 years old, and not looking to blow doors down, just want a loud, clean sounding system.

I have a local audio shop in Pittsburgh that I've contacted, they'll perform the install on whatever equipment I bring in. They sell pioneer and focal...

My vehicle is a 2008 Honda Accord sedan EX-L with a V-6

here's the equipment I'm looking at:

Alpine CDE149bt (already purchased)

Focal PS 165 (the shop carries these, figured since they're authorized focal dealer, I'de go with these and throw em a bone.)

Arc Audio KS 300.2 for the focals (too much amp??)

2 - Sundown E10 v2's (dual 2ohm voice coils?)

Sundown SAZ-1200D for the subs

I've talked to the shop about sound deadener for the front doors. What about the rear doors?? Would that be needed?

I would love some recommendations on a sealed enclosure build.

Also, I'm assuming the "Big 3" would be in order...however, I haven't mentioned this to the shop, would this be something I should expect them to understand and perform properly?

Thanks for any input! What do you think??

dont expect shops to do anything without you telling them weather it be car audio shop or not go with dual 4 ohm coil subs so you can wire them down to 1 ohm and get good power from that amp other than that list looks good

dont expect shops to do anything without you telling them weather it be car audio shop or not go with dual 4 ohm coil subs so you can wire them down to 1 ohm and get good power from that amp other than that list looks good
thanks for the info!!

not the best subs.... love the focal polyglasses... everything on there looks great other than the e series subs... look online to compare prices too, shop usually charge alot more youd do better buying yourself and letting them install.. tell them to do big three... watch them guys! (lol sorry dont trust shops) yeah the only thing i would change would be the subs... and get DUAL 4Ω if your running two subs or your gonna pay outta pocket for 2ohm power...

Anytime you're dealing with a MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER, the equation to remember is IMPEDANCE / NUMBER OF VOICE COILS; 2 Ω / 4 voice coils (2 per sub since they're DVC's) = 0.5 Ω LOAD; 4 Ω / 4 voice coils = 1 Ω LOAD; And since you can get 1200 WATTS at 1 Ω, you definitely want the 4Ω DUAL VOICE COILS. Assuming you're running them straight parallel.

OP you had mentioned that you wanted some recommendations on a sealed enclosure build. Why? Has someone convinced you that sealed sounds better or are you trying to save space? I like all the equipment in the build log with maybe the exception of the Sundown E's. I'd maybe try the new SQ HDS2 10's or the Obsidian 10's are on pre-order right now. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Sundown but I think the other subs I mentioned might do you more justice. Also, the SAZ1200 is a great amp. But you can get just as much power for half the price. Just sayin'...

OP you had mentioned that you wanted some recommendations on a sealed enclosure build. Why? Has someone convinced you that sealed sounds better or are you trying to save space? I like all the equipment in the build log with maybe the exception of the Sundown E's. I'd maybe try the new SQ HDS2 10's or the Obsidian 10's are on pre-order right now. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Sundown but I think the other subs I mentioned might do you more justice. Also, the SAZ1200 is a great amp. But you can get just as much power for half the price. Just sayin'...
I definitely agree on the price part; I mean, people like what they like, and that's fine. We're all free to spend our money however we see fit; But you can definitely get that same power for half that price; maybe even less than half

The only reason I'm looking at the e's is I had a truck with 2 e8's...I had about 250 watts rms going to them in a sealed enclosure and they were nice. however, that was my system...it was never complete with a nice H/U or comps to complement.

I'm looking at sealed because from what i understand, less space is needed. like i said, I'm 37 yrs old, got 2 kids and sometimes (rarely) the trunk space is needed...and I'de like to have the spare tire accessible as well.

assuming a sealed enclosure would be best for me, is there a more quality sub I could look at?? I've got a little room in my budget if the quality is there!

I'de be open to a ported box, but again...space is a concern.

I'd highly recommend taking whatever budget you have allocated into 2 entry level 10's and invest in a single higher quality 12. Otherwise looks good. May or may not need "big 3" but I'd definitely upgrade the - terminal from battery to chasis, that's generally the one that's really inadequate.

I'd highly recommend taking whatever budget you have allocated into 2 entry level 10's and invest in a single higher quality 12. Otherwise looks good. May or may not need "big 3" but I'd definitely upgrade the - terminal from battery to chasis, that's generally the one that's really inadequate.
the thing is, i've been doing searches for "quality subs" and it's a bit overwhelming...so many companies and products to choose from! i'de love to hear some options from people speaking from experience...

the thing is, i've been doing searches for "quality subs" and it's a bit overwhelming...so many companies and products to choose from! i'de love to hear some options from people speaking from experience...
I don't know what your budget is but in general I'd stay away from entry level anything if I could afford better.

Anytime you're dealing with a MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER, the equation to remember is IMPEDANCE / NUMBER OF VOICE COILS; 2 Ω / 4 voice coils (2 per sub since they're DVC's) = 0.5 Ω LOAD; 4 Ω / 4 voice coils = 1 Ω LOAD; And since you can get 1200 WATTS at 1 Ω, you definitely want the 4Ω DUAL VOICE COILS. Assuming you're running them straight parallel.
Dude, I've been obsessed with this crap for so long and never realized it was that easy to check the final ohm load thank you so much. Haha

The only reason I'm looking at the e's is I had a truck with 2 e8's...I had about 250 watts rms going to them in a sealed enclosure and they were nice. however, that was my system...it was never complete with a nice H/U or comps to complement.
I'm looking at sealed because from what i understand, less space is needed. like i said, I'm 37 yrs old, got 2 kids and sometimes (rarely) the trunk space is needed...and I'de like to have the spare tire accessible as well.

assuming a sealed enclosure would be best for me, is there a more quality sub I could look at?? I've got a little room in my budget if the quality is there!

I'de be open to a ported box, but again...space is a concern.
Look into a single HDS300? Great subs, especially for the price. I do think Sundown's amps are extremely overpriced as well. I'm sure someone on here would know an alternative better one.

What is your budget? You can find a lot of great equipment on here for a lot cheaper. Most everyone on here will not buy major items from a shop. The markup is just to much.

The focals are great speakers, but I feel better can be had for less money than their shop price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.