Input/Output

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 836
U

Unregistered

I received my amp two days ago, and I wired it in yesterday (my sub is arriving tommorow).

When I installed it I noticed that there are two RCA "Output" connections (L & R). I've never seen this before, and I figured this was for one or two subwoofers; L and R both being separate channels. Am I right?

It's a 2-channel amp, 500 watts (350RMS). So, if this is the case (I have no way of knowing, really), I will be plugging in both L & R Outputs to my sub because I will be bridging it, right?

Thanks. Also, can anyone explain to me what LPF, Full, and XPF (or HPF...I forget the label) mean?

ur not gonna plug any rcas to ur subs. ur gonna plug it from the head unit into the amp. lpf=lowpass filter will play the lower frequencies; full=crossover off (will play the full spectrum); hpf=high pass filter, will play the upper frequencies. set it on lpf if ur running subs.

I already have my RCA's plugged in from my Head Unit to my Amp... what I'm asking is why are there RCA Output's? Do they go directly to the sub, as opposed to wiring it conventionally (standard wire)? Or what are they for?

And thanks for the LPF/HPF info.

billybob is correct, those output rca's are so u can "piggyback" the input signal to different amps. that way if your hu has only one set of pre-amp outputs u can still use cables for all your signals

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.