input on subwoofer choices

Looper737

NJ
Ok got a 02 ford explorer xlt looking for takes on what subwoofer(s) to go with. i remember hearing two type r's in my buddies truck a while back they hit **** hard but the sound of it all just seem distorted. looking for options budget isnt really an issue but i dont need to blow my hatch off either (maybe not yet at least). what kind of setup would be best what subs and amps should i be looking at? big time noob but wanna get this right the first shot if possible. thanks for any input

He said budget reall isnt a issue so id go with a proven winner...what are you.re goals..how.much space u willing.to give up ? how much are u actually willing.to spend? what kind of.music.do u listen to ? will u be competing? tons of questions to answer

How much I'm looking to spend...well depends but not looking to spend over 300 $ per sub only because I'm not looking to compete but haven't been in the game for a while so have no idea what a proven sub is. I'm taking my 3rd row out I won't he needing it for quite some time so I have quite a bit of room back there to work with. A guy about my job brags about his type x alpine but I feel I should be staying away from them. I listen to all types of music mostly hip hop...some rap...house if my eyes shake I'm digging it but its gotta sound flawless.

Sundown subs, a set of 12's, ssa icon 12's, sundown mono amps. These subs mentioned will get loud and low, also american bass has decent subs and amps. All of the afore mentioned brands offer entry level and spl monsters, i left out dc audio subs and amps. Mylows10, can help with most of the ones i mentioned.

If you're not looking to go all out but want nice NEW stuff @ a half way descent price - Look into AQ, they got some pretty descent equip. for the prices...

Edit: And whatever you end up going with; If you want it to sound good just don't skimp out on your enclosure, Having the correct custom enclosure for whatever subs you buy will make or break the way they sound and perform ;-)

What we are saying is the choices are plenty, there's even a few on here that do custom sub builds for whatever your mind desires. And as stated before, what ever you choose, a custom box is the only way to go. A few on here do that also.

Obsidian subs are the best bang for your Buck if you ask me don't buy the c2 it's a off the chinese shelf $35 woofer, any Korean based Amp (sundown, Ampere audio, Dc, crescendo, aq ), good wire (audio technix ), custom enclosure look up double07 on here (star mountain sound).

I would go with a couple 12's or 15's

So its all in the custom box then. I think 4 subs would be overkill for me I'm thinking maybe a pair of 12s or 15s with a custom box. I see there is plenty of choices so lemme narrow it down. If I go with a pair of 12s or 15s what's a provensub that will hit bbeyond hard but have deep lows as well but also quality build. So I'm sure there's only a select few brands that fit that category. Basic and simple I want a setup I know won't be blown out the water by the next model that comes out something that will put down for a while. I see reviews in AQ anyone recommend anything better? And would I be better off with a pair of 15s or 12s

I disagree^^^ C2 Audio has had a lot of research go into it. Yes, some parts are off the shelf to save cost for higher quality soft parts. Plus it's factory direct with no middle man so thats why the cost is low.

I disagree^^^ C2 Audio has had a lot of research go into it. Yes, some parts are off the shelf to save cost for higher quality soft parts. Plus it's factory direct with no middle man so thats why the cost is low.
This dude wants some bada$$ hard hitting subs, not entry level...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.