Infinity vs Morel vs JL Audio Speakers.

Greetings,

I have a set of Infinity Kappa 9 speakers(6.5" components front, 6x9" rears) in my 2006 Buick Lucerne. I am somewhat happy with the sound but they distort and higher volumes (speakers design fault) and there is no "POWER" behind the music.... like concert in your face power. I have a Kicker DX600.5 powering them with 75watts going to each speaker at 2 ohms.

I am looking at these potential replacements to help get the additional sound I want..... (just replacing component front where I listen)

JL Audio C3-600 = $440

Morel Maximo 6 = $200

Morel Virtus 602 = $600

Alumapro ALC6.2 = $500

I am on a tight budget as I need a sub upgrade as well so the JL Audio speakers are pushing my limits if I do not save up any additional cash.

Are any of these speakers good replacements vs my infinity speakers?

Any other recommends?

Greetings,I have a set of Infinity Kappa 9 speakers(6.5" components front, 6x9" rears) in my 2006 Buick Lucerne. I am somewhat happy with the sound but they distort and higher volumes (speakers design fault) and there is no "POWER" behind the music.... like concert in your face power. I have a Kicker DX600.5 powering them with 75watts going to each speaker at 2 ohms.

I am looking at these potential replacements to help get the additional sound I want..... (just replacing component front where I listen)

JL Audio C3-600 = $440

Morel Maximo 6 = $200

Morel Virtus 602 = $600

Alumapro ALC6.2 = $500

I am on a tight budget as I need a sub upgrade as well so the JL Audio speakers are pushing my limits if I do not save up any additional cash.

Are any of these speakers good replacements vs my infinity speakers?

Any other recommends?
The morel tempos fall right in between the Maximo and Virtus I think...

Sound dampening with my front mids. Otherwise had it tuned by a trusted local shop. Idk the fine details of this stuff exactly why I am asking what speakers are going to be better than my infinitys I do not like the sound of my infinitys please answer question.

Sound dampening with my front mids. Otherwise had it tuned by a trusted local shop. Idk the fine details of this stuff exactly why I am asking what speakers are going to be better than my infinitys I do not like the sound of my infinitys please answer question.
Sound is determined more by install and tuning than the speaker itself. That's why your question has not been answered. Nobody can tell you what your ears will like. Are your doors sealed? Are your crossovers right? Gain right? EQ right? If it's not you won't like any speaker.

Sound is determined more by install and tuning than the speaker itself. That's why your question has not been answered. Nobody can tell you what your ears will like. Are your doors sealed? Are your crossovers right? Gain right? EQ right? If it's not you won't like any speaker.
I realize this and I have gone through everything tuning wise. expect maybe the physical installation of the speaker. EQ is correct to what I like, Crossovers are Crossovers, and amp crossovers where tuned along with gains with a scope. Speakers are going to have there own physical characteristics too, one can be louder, stiffer, bolder etc etc.

----> $20 speakers vs Morel Tempos ARE NOT Equal. Just wanted to know what would give a better overall sound in my list vs what I currently have. Not get raped about tuning otherwise I would have went to another section in this forum.

I realize this and I have gone through everything tuning wise. expect maybe the physical installation of the speaker. EQ is correct to what I like, Crossovers are Crossovers, and amp crossovers where tuned along with gains with a scope. Speakers are going to have there own physical characteristics too, one can be louder, stiffer, bolder etc etc. ----> $20 speakers vs Morel Tempos ARE NOT Equal. Just wanted to know what would give a better overall sound in my list vs what I currently have. Not get raped about tuning otherwise I would have went to another section in this forum.
Well let's start by asking what you don't like about the Infinities and what you are looking for.

Well let's start by asking what you don't like about the Infinities and what you are looking for.
and I quote from my OP "I am somewhat happy with the sound but they distort and higher volumes (speakers design fault) and there is no "POWER" behind the music.... like concert in your face power."

The Kappa 9 6.5" are known for distortion at somewhat higher volumes, its the speaker. At the time I bought them I did not think it would be a issue.

and I quote from my OP "I am somewhat happy with the sound but they distort and higher volumes (speakers design fault) and there is no "POWER" behind the music.... like concert in your face power." The Kappa 9 6.5" are known for distortion at somewhat higher volumes, its the speaker. At the time I bought them I did not think it would be a issue.
Simple fix. Turn gain down and time align. Do you have TA? Everything you just described is a EQ issue.

and I quote from my OP "I am somewhat happy with the sound but they distort and higher volumes (speakers design fault) and there is no "POWER" behind the music.... like concert in your face power." The Kappa 9 6.5" are known for distortion at somewhat higher volumes, its the speaker. At the time I bought them I did not think it would be a issue.
Ill answer it for you. Yes any of those speakers will sound way better than what you have if installed properly. I hate when the people on this forum keep goin around the question. Of course they must be installed correctly. Just try to listen to the speakers before you buy, they could all have a different sound. Find the ones you like and instal them correctly and they will blow the speakers you have now out of the water.

Ill answer it for you. Yes any of those speakers will sound way better than what you have if installed properly. I hate when the people on this forum keep goin around the question. Of course they must be installed correctly. Just try to listen to the speakers before you buy, they could all have a different sound. Find the ones you like and instal them correctly and they will blow the speakers you have now out of the water.
Some people like to have all the facts instead of just repeating nonsense. The Kappa is a pretty good speaker by the way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.