Infinity vs Morel vs JL Audio Speakers.

Ill answer it for you. Yes any of those speakers will sound way better than what you have if installed properly. I hate when the people on this forum keep goin around the question. Of course they must be installed correctly. Just try to listen to the speakers before you buy, they could all have a different sound. Find the ones you like and instal them correctly and they will blow the speakers you have now out of the water.
i am with you brother. there are too many on this forum that instantly go to the "bad install" advice and do not give answers. "your install is bad and tuning is bad thats why it sounds bad." that is not always the case. he asked about speakers and most on here instantly go to the bad install help....the ones that do need to stay out of helping cause they are hindering rather than helping...

i am with you brother. there are too many on this forum that instantly go to the "bad install" advice and do not give answers. "your install is bad and tuning is bad thats why it sounds bad." that is not always the case. he asked about speakers and most on here instantly go to the bad install help....the ones that do need to stay out of helping cause they are hindering rather than helping...
It's not like these people are going to die if they are asked simple questions about how their stuff is installed and tuned. They call it diagnostics. If there's a problem, you rule out the easy, simple fixes first. If my problem can be fixed with a slight adjustment of my gain, some foam, or a little bit of equalization. You trust your doctor to ask you the questions they think are important, so why not trust the people who have been on this website for several years to do the same? Sure, most of us didn't go to school for this crap, only some of us do this professionally, but we have experience where the newer people don't. That's the point. If you can't answer these types of simple questions, then that's totally fine. Just don't start telling people that they aren't helping the situation at hand, when in reality, it's you being incapable of understanding these simple concepts of audio. It's pretty embarrassing when the guy who creates the thread has to resort to name calling and down-voting posts because he's getting asked "difficult" questions.

On topic, I've had the Morel Maximos. They're discontinued, and the price you'd get them at now would be more than they're worth. As far as mid-range punch, if you say you've done all you can do with the EQ, they've been tuned correctly, and you've tried at least a little bit of sound dampening, you're probably right in that it's time to look for something else. There's only so much that an install can do, and there's a reason that we all have different speakers in our cars. They do all sound different. I'm sorry I don't have experience with the other speakers you mentioned, I'd just like to say that a lot of us here deal with horrible installs on a daily basis, so forgive us if you feel like we're asking stupid questions. We're only trying to help.

How many times do you see people on here or anywhere wondering why their speakers don't sound right and they have the gain maxed out? Everyday multiple times. Or they stick aftermarket speakers in and don't seal the counter wave? Everyday. That's why we who have experience ask questions.

your first response was sort of hating on one set then instantly said to basically fix your install. how is that helping the OP with the question on what of the 4 will be a better speaker?................exactly it doesn't. help by answering his question and not question his work right off the bat.

your first response was sort of hating on one set then instantly said to basically fix your install. how is that helping the OP with the question on what of the 4 will be a better speaker?................exactly it doesn't. help by answering his question and not question his work right off the bat.
The point we're making here is that fixing his problem, which was that his speakers were not performing the way he would have liked, isn't as simple as choosing between four new ones. DD said to focus on the install instead of new speakers, there's no hate there. That is the correct path to go down when you're trying to fix that problem.

The thread starter even acknowledged that he has no idea about the details of installing speakers, hence looking for new ones. All it takes is a bit of patience and willingness to listen to the stuff we say. The hate started with roaringthunder1, with the "...." bump and condescending use of quotations around treated. I'm sorry that you're offended by his simple suggestion to look at what you've got to see if there's room for improvement before jumping the gun and spending another several hundred dollars on speakers and install and tuning when you could have spent a day and $45 modifying your install. Is that what you want? Is that the kind of help you're looking for? This problem is not time sensitive, you can take the time to talk through what's going on in your car before we suggest that you spend hundreds of dollars on something as subjective as which speakers sound better than others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.