infinity perfects

Participant count
  • Participant list

nordr
10+ year member

OK I have been reading a lot about the infinity perfects and everyboby says they are great for SQ. I definately want SQ first but I don't want to totally throw SPL out the window; so what's the deal? I wish I could hear these things but there aren't any dealers around me. I listen to Rap and techno mostly so I still want some bump. Am I going to be dissapointed on that end of the spectrum with these subs? Looking at buying 2 12''. Thanks.

KappaPerfects12.1 are awesome SQ subs, and have good SPL as well, in my opinion,

and lots of others say so too. Two 12" of them would be nice in the SQPL department.

if i got those, i'd PROPERLY power them in a sealed box. (meaning enough amp power)

True dat with the sealed box. If you like SQ they will leave you with a grin on your face. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I recommend a website if you're going to get them. Though I'm an Infinity freak, they overprice their stuff a bit, especially if you're getting retail. Try ebay and look for a SET of perfect 12.1's from a distinguished company. Mine were 300 for the pair (new). I couldn't have picked better subs though.

COULD ahve picked type r's lol just buggin ya, not knocking the perfects...

just liekt he type r's which give a heck of alot more bump, ahndle a ton o power and still give excelelnt SQ

Herm.. the perfect's handle 1400 watts, and like he said, he's primarily going for SQ :p

I've heard good things about alpines though. What can they handle? (the 12's)

Perfect 12.1

Power Handling, Peak: 1400W

Power Handling, RMS: 350W

Sensitivity: 96dB (In car)

Frequency Response (± 1.5dB): 18Hz - 150 Hz

Frequency Response (±3dB): 18Hz - 150Hz

The will perform well with up to 600 watts...

Type R

Power Handling Capacity (Peak) : 1000W

Power Handling Capacity (RMS) : 300W

BUT tehre was apost on here with someone who saw tehm take 2100 watts suspened in a sealed room!

they will blow the perfects away for the 'bump' he wants, but will also play GREAT SQ...

incredible SQ...

lol i heard them with about the same power goin to em, and the type r's hit a fair bit harder, but what the perfect loses in SPL, it beats the type r in Sq, so its a toss up...

Originally posted by Wonderbread Perfect 12.1

Power Handling, Peak: 1400W

Power Handling, RMS: 350W

Sensitivity: 96dB (In car)

Frequency Response (± 1.5dB): 18Hz - 150 Hz

Frequency Response (±3dB): 18Hz - 150Hz

The will perform well with up to 600 watts...

Be it noted that they may survive with 600 watts. I've seen them fry with as little as 450 into them.

Duration, and what you are sending through them will make that decision. They are not very rugged, and the peak rating is very misleading.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.