Infinity Kappa Perfect 42.5i PLEASE HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

Atvnut2065
10+ year member

I just got my new front speakers the Infinity 42.5i's to fix up the clarity in my ride. Very nice addition to my system. I have a quick question. If I were to accidently mis-wire the positve and the negative to the speaker would that cause distortion?? Just wondering cause these speakers are brand new but the left one distorts sometimes but I may have just accidently wire + to -. Hoping its a miswire so I dont have to send them back that will make me:mad:

Please help

Hey thanks for the correction are those the high end speakers? THey sound pretty good. AnywaY i'm really curious to see if mis wiring could cause distortion someone please let me know.

Yes, the Kappa series is a good speaker. Nice crispness to them, with a nice frequency response. I'll let someone else field the question abotu the speakers since I'd rather remain silent than give you ignorant information.

would be out of phase -not damageing- but it would sound really wide with no definition or bass if you did...that poppin might be you turnin it up to try to achieve good sound i dunno lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.