Inexperienced buyer needs help, good system under $300 or $400?

Search ebay knukonceptz 4 gauge complete kit is bout 26 bucks shipped from a good name seller, look around on craigslist also i seen people in my area sellin good subs, box and amp pretty cheap u can also find headunits cheap on there also, just gotta be lucky on what u find and work with them ona price just make sure u can test the stuff first

Hey anthony, how much did your box run you? I'm looking into boxes now, so far I've gotten referred to Dave and vitveet.

Any others I should be aware of?

Hey anthony, how much did your box run you? I'm looking into boxes now, so far I've gotten referred to Dave and vitveet.
Any others I should be aware of?
My box was $275 shipped. That was built to my specifications with 2 4" Aeroports. I only go to Dave because his enclosures are proven in the lanes. His enclosures are solid, well braced. But I have read great things about vitveet on here as well

Don't waste your money buying crap, just save up and do it one step at a time. I personally would get a good HU and decent speakers first, then move on to subwoofer(s) and the amp for it when you have more money; then an amp for your door speakers. Are you just looking for bass or would you prefer an increase in the quality and clarity of you stock door speakers, you can also get an amp for them which will allow them to played a whole lot louder and sound better

I'm looking for more bass mainly, the door speakers (from what I've heard when I used it before) didn't sound terrible, and would be fine for a while.

This would be perfect for what you have to work with. With 1 15"D4 at 2ohms, you should be fine on your electrical. I would suggest doing the Big 3 at some point in the near future, it will be required if you add another Type S 15 D4 and run the amp at 1ohm @ 1000w rms. These are decent amps for the money and the subs are too. I recommend building a box for the 15, but the one I listed matches Alpines recommendations.

Total system Cost = $413 with free shipping on everything. If you use the Sonic Caraudio.com promo, you might get below $400 shipped to your door.

Lanzar LQ43 Amp Installation Kits at Onlinecarstereo.com

Hifonics GLX1000.1D 1000W RMS Class D Monoblock Gladiator Amp

Alpine SWS-15D4 (sws15d4) 15" Dual 4-Ohm Type-S Car Subwoofer

Ground Shaker GSP115 Ported Subwoofer Boxes at Onlinecarstereo.com

Wow good stuff. Yeah, you guys are probably right about the speakers, I'll probably have some money to replace them though later, so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.