increasing mpg with performance parts? true?

im the forum logic police:cop: no offence meant //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

hope you can forgive me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

i like smilies :boobies:

ok. then stay out of my business and keep doin your job..PIG!!

j/k

no offence taken, just cool it down a lil man.

freakin po-po's tryin to take another man down......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

so now can we close the thread???
No! lol Because I'm installing a header (got it for $200) later this week and I will need to report back to you on any further gains. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

I have a Honda Civic EX 2002 Sedan. What would be the most cost effective add-on, besides driving habits, which would give me the best mpg? Like someone mentioned, I drive between 500-700 miles a week! I do drive easy but also use my air quite a bit, even around town in the summer. I wear a shirt and tie so I have to unless I want to smell all day! Anyway, should I look into air intake first or something else? BTW, how much we talking here I need to spend?? I'm sure driving as many miles as I do it would pay for itself over time.

Can someone suggest what I should look into or add? Is this something I can possibly do myself? Hmmm...

Later!

UltimateWarrior, I just ordered a Tornado intake system and wow it really does work. It was a 30 day money back guarantee so I bought it. I get about 2 to 3 more mpg on my 4runner. You can also look at different fuel injectors and those aftermarket gadgets that manage air to fuel flow etc. By the way, that Tornado is only $60!

You're right, wErd.

Seen plenty of dyno charts where there has not been an increase in horsepower ... don't they claim something silly like 25hp through one of their commercials?

Again, it depends on the application.

I'll change my driving style and save gas, while not spending a penny.

- Steve

I have a Honda Civic EX 2002 Sedan. What would be the most cost effective add-on, besides driving habits, which would give me the best mpg? Like someone mentioned, I drive between 500-700 miles a week! I do drive easy but also use my air quite a bit, even around town in the summer. I wear a shirt and tie so I have to unless I want to smell all day! Anyway, should I look into air intake first or something else? BTW, how much we talking here I need to spend?? I'm sure driving as many miles as I do it would pay for itself over time.
Can someone suggest what I should look into or add? Is this something I can possibly do myself? Hmmm...

Later!
deodorant........

THIS IS A GREAT QUESION...I have a 1992 GMC..I have a Flowmaster.JET CHIP..K/N filter and the TORNADO I do not notice a"big" improvement in fuel economy, but I do notice better performane without LOSING MILEAGE!!..mainly with the K/N... then again my truck is getting old so nothing may help too much

It sounds ridiculous but I just bought 18 inch Budnik wheels for my Truck with nice new BFG tires and there is no doubt according to my mileage gauge..I have gained about 2 miles per gallon over using stock size tires???? that is a new one to me but my wallet doesn't lie!!!

With a Honda I can suggest not trying to Hot Rod an Economy car..but over a million 16 year old Tuner kids won't listen
seems to work well with other economy cars (neon, lancer, impreza).

Not to mention most of those 16 year olds probably don't know what they're doing either.

True....Remember..that the whole Sport compact fad was created in the 1990's when thier parents where scared to buy them a Mustang or Camaro because Insurance companies would 4X rates....So In a VERY cool act of culture..The kids rebelled and Hot Rodded the cars thier parents gave them that where slow and soft..The problem is that the Generation below them saw this and failed to realize that Hot Rodding an Economy Import was initially the second option to not having a "Real" hot rod..Off course nowadays the Scene has mushroomed into a Billion dollar business...But it's roots are in Angry kids who got the shaft on thier 16 B-Day and got cars they did not want!! but did thier best with what crap they got!

True!

Gimme a 300ZX or a Acura NSX etc..but a Honda Civic???? Come on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.