In Need Of Help Installing Subs To A Mono Amp!!!!!!asap!!!!!

fosgate SVT
10+ year member

OK AMP PHEONIXGOLD 1200.1{1400.1RMS}

SUBS RFPOWER HX2S{1000RMS EACH}

THE AMP HAS 2 POSITIV AND 2 NEGITIVE TERMINALS? HOW DO I INSTALL THE SUBS FOR BEST PERFORMANCE? THEY ARE DUAL 2 OHM.

I THOUGHT MONO AMPS ONLY HAD 1 CHANNEL????? WHY ARE THERE 2????

hehehe

the feed is mono meaning you'll get no stereo sounds when playing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

For an electrical circuit to be usable it needs a way towards and a way back

You could see your amp and your sub as a race track each on a oposite site of the track. You just need some line going towards it and another line going back to make the circuit

Any given speaker or sub will have a negative and a positive terminal. Normally when you got a basic situation where one port (exists out of a + and a - on the amp) is used to power one speaker then where the + or the - goes doesnt matter because you have a simple circuit. In your situation (if i'm getting it right) your sub as multiple speaker connection slots for getting a good feed, make sure that + goes to + and - goes to - (on both connects).

i think u want to bridge it. Wire the subs together. so that u get a 2ohm load. so wire each sub into 4ohm then wire them togethere and u get a 2ohm load. Then u take the one + wire and put it on the left positive then u take the - wire and put it in the right -. Someone back me up on this one.

If it's a one channel amp, the two sets of + and - are the same connection.Just used them according to your sub box set up..For exampl : I also have a one channel amp (xtant 1000.1), running 2 10w7's, i only use one set of the +and - , cause my sub box has one connection which splits up inside to feed both subs..If i had one connection on the sub box for each sub,then id use both the sets of connections on my amp....

Hope this helped..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.