In need of a better system and this is what I have so far! (BUDGET BUILD)

Participant count
  • Participant list

gregkal123

Hello everybody! I was going to post this in a chrysler 300 forum but i thought it would be better to post it here!

I am looking to replace my current stock system in my 2008 chrysler 300 Touring AWD. It has the basic system package and not the premium so its kind of lousy.

What i have bought so far is

AMP -- Rockford Fosgate R500X1D

SUB -- MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D

8 Gauge wire kit for the above

Kenwood MODEL : KFC-690 - 6x9 5 Way Car speakers with Polypropylene Cones (rated at 125rms) MODEL : KFC-690

I had the 6x9 Kenwood speakers installed in the back and they sound distorted... Could that be because my factory amp is not strong enough to power them completely? I saw my old stock speakers ran at 15RMS so I am guessing my factory amp is weak. Any help with that would be amazing! (IF I NEED AMP GIVE ME RECOMMENDATIONS! 4 CHANNEL 4 OHMS ONLY I THINK?)

I also need a pair of front speakers for my car that also run around the 125 RMS range and 4 OHMS to match my rear speakers! Leave recommendations for those as well.

I hope this budget build is going well so far!

Leave a comment if i messed up somewhere on this build and what you think about it.

Agree with everything mentioned above. The 6x9's probably are underpowered. I had the same issue in my Challenger and after I put a 4 channel amp on my components, the distortion disappeared. Adapting 6.5's to your doors is very easy.

Agree with everything mentioned above. The 6x9's probably are underpowered. I had the same issue in my Challenger and after I put a 4 channel amp on my components, the distortion disappeared. Adapting 6.5's to your doors is very easy.
i still can hardly believe that you can get a Zapco like that for less than $200

Hey! I would not mind converting to 6.5 speakers! I cannot spend anything over 100 dollars a pair, hopefully there is something out there that’s pretty decent for the price. Since I have subs I’m looking for speakers that have loud clear vocals. And I do not know what a LOC is but if I need one to make the system sound better I will definitely get one. Can you send me a link to one please?

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

not a lot of 6x9 speakers out there on the budget side of things. Parts-express didnt have much in that avenue anyways. Crutchfield has a good offering tho.
Id say just to get a good pair of 6.5's and tweeters with some adapters for the door panel and some noico for sound deadening

are you using a LOC from the factory deck?
Any maybe a good amp to go along with the speakers you recommend

Hey! What exact speakers and amp setup do you use? Mind if I check them out just send a link. How is the sound quality with the setup?

id ditch the 6x9s, and take out any rear deck speakers, it will let the bass from the subs vent into the cabin better. and get a good set of comps and an amp for the front
these are hard to beat for the $ https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-speakers/c-10-compon-speakers/c-40-65/p-6201-ctx65cs-image-dynamics-65-component-speaker-system.html
Do you have any recommendations on all 4 speakers and a 4 channel amp setup? I want to keep all the speakers in idk why but having 2 speakers out in the back just seems a little funny to me hahaha

Hey! What exact speakers and amp setup do you use? Mind if I check them out just send a link. How is the sound quality with the setup?
Not at all. I did a build thread on the car. The PPI components do great over stock, but I am going to swap them out at some point. I love the tweeters, but will end up putting a beefier 6.5 in there or maybe an 8. That being said, sound quality from components is much better, These particular ones just lack the punch I'm looking for.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/634673-2011-challenger-build.html

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.