In much need of help!! Please respond!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wow sounded like a douche repeating myself there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Should I try an iPod test? I have a RCA to 3.5 mm jack converter laying around.

1DVC_4-ohm_2ch.jpg

This was followed precisely

With that kind of noticeable output difference, the only thing I can think of is that you had the pioneer wired down to 2 ohms somehow and it produced more power, though it shouldn't be that much more than the RF anyway. How about lpf, subsonic filter, and gain settings on the RF? What are they set to?

LPf is at about 60 hz, gain is maxed out to get any type of bass, and there's a thing called "punch level Eq" which is also maxed out. Those are the only settings other than phase

Ok, I was right about the high level input being the issue. I did a test with my phone and RCAs and it was unbelievable how much more bass was coming out, I almost blew it up. So this is jerry rigging but not in a harmful way. I took a 3.5mm splitter and plugged the tape player in my HU into the splitter along with the RCAs going the amp and now it's all playing together. I have the bass nob to control the sub also. This will solve my problem until I get a new HU, but I appreciate you guys trying to help. thanks!

Ok, I was right about the high level input being the issue. I did a test with my phone and RCAs and it was unbelievable how much more bass was coming out, I almost blew it up. So this is jerry rigging but not in a harmful way. I took a 3.5mm splitter and plugged the tape player in my HU into the splitter along with the RCAs going the amp and now it's all playing together. I have the bass nob to control the sub also. This will solve my problem until I get a new HU, but I appreciate you guys trying to help. thanks!
Cool just get another loc $15 at best buy or a shop Also check the loc gain controls. They may be turned down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.