In desperate need of choosing a comp set

Has_No_Friends
10+ year member

texas
I have been reading this forum for a while, and recently totaled my old vehicle, so now I have a chance to start on a new system. I purchased an alpine 9887 and an mb quart dsc480 so far, and I plan on keeping my nine.1 unless there is a better option. I am willing to go active, but I am at a loss as to what comp set to buy, or just buy a seperate set of tweeters and 6.5's. I have listened to some of the crap they have locally, like the rockford t1's, the jvc arsenals, the bottom of the line polk componets (I think), and the kicker RS65.2's. I don't really notice a huge difference on the mids, but all the tweets seem to bright and harsh for me. Would a silk tweeter be the way to go?

Im kinda leaning towards something like this, or maybe buying separate tweets/mids

CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System

Tempo 6X- Morel 6.5" 2 Way Component System

rockford t1/t2 components are supposedly pretty good, and are priced fair IMO. on their website they display the response graphs and stuff. people on here seem to love those image dynamic speakers as great entry level speakers. as for myself, i just got a new amp and am about to buy some Polk MM6501's. good luck

Would a silk tweeter be the way to go?
nah just attenuate that shyt.

oh and, i'll be your friend

Attenuating would just make the highs quieter, which I don't want. I just don't like the harshness of all the aluminum tweeters I have heard. What about picking out a comp set since I plan to run active anyways?

anything with a silk tweeter shouldn't be overly harsh... but how mild of a tweeter are you looking for? Some silk tweeters can still be bright (PG RSD is silk but still bright) but won't be as harsh as alot of metal tweeters... Do you like a bright tweeter that isn't overly harsh or a mild more smooth sound?

I have a pair of SB29RDCN which i had xover @ 2.5k.

you can cross them over pretty low.

The SB are very warm tweeters, but the top end wasn't as what like vs Vifa tweeters.

They are very smooth, low distortion tweeter.

If you plan on mounting them in your pillars they sound the best on axis vs off axis.

The vifa can be off axis & they have a really nice top end sparkle to them.

I havent heard those Founteks but with most of Fountek products they shoud be good for the price.

you can up grade your amp later on down the road.

Creative Sound Solutions has a new mid made from Mark audio.

Ive been eyeing these mids for a future project.

Mark audio makes some really nice speakers for the price.

Creative Sound - Product Details

these are the black cone ,there is a white cone as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.