In a pinch. Discreet system installation, anyone?

It's kind of embarassing to post this, but hey it's the Internet right.

My parents weren't happy with my loading 2 twelve-inch Audiobahns in my trunk ('99 Lumina) and had me remove them. Now they've been sitting in my room for the past month and have been driving me insane.

Is there anyway to re-install them in the car, but this time hiding them completely? Or should I just get rid of them. My trunk is HUGE, and can easily fit them... just wondered if any of you would have any tricks to make them blend in with the rest of the trunk?

Or should I just replace my rear 6x9s instead... I'll do anything for more bass! Money is not a factor!!

They made you take your bahns out? Ouch.

I'm sure you could get a box and flush mount it to the trunk, wouldnt be too hard.

Maybe you could downfire them to so they couldnt see the actual sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do you have any fiberglassing experience? You could mold two enclosures on the side of the trunk to house the woofers, then use the same carpet you have in the trunk as a large grill fabric. Basically it would look like you had sealed those spaces behind the rear tire well off.

Awesome ideas! What about the amplifier though? I have some ideas for it, but wanted to see if you guys had any better ones.

An easier idea I originally had was that since I bowl so much, there's always at least 3 bowling balls in my trunk, along with shoes, etc. Thought about taking NoLimit's idea, placing them upside-down, and wiring up a rack/bar of some sort to keep the bowling ball bags in a straight line, all lined up right in front of the subwoofers. Each are tall enough to hide the twelves... but still have to figure out where to put that darned amplifier!

I don't want to attach it to the box in anyway. Last time I had it sitting right next to the box semi-drilled into the floor of the trunk and it used to rattle the **** out of the poor thing. Sounded annoying too when you had those urges to stick your head in the trunk :p.

Run a smaller sub in an IB setup?

Here is what I have in my 93 LS400. Built by Moe Lester and the guys at http://www.innovativerides.com of course. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

how smart are they really?

what if you just carpeted a piece of mdf and ran it full width behind the box you already have? make it invisible from behind if someone didn't really know how large the trunk was?

i doubt he's going to be able to go through the process of most stealth installs without having them notice while he is doing it?

yeah, good call

i just threw some eu-700s i had laying around in a friend's decklid or else i'd hook you up with those.

how much do those tang-band's cost?

your never gona hide a system from your parents, it takes a lotta work to do some ting really hidden, and have it sound good. your gona have to ditch teh audio bahns.

x2 on tang bang. 6x9 idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.