imaging help

Participant count
  • Participant list

saywhat?
5,000+ posts

satx120, jealous?
alright, well im lookin to get some componants hopefully maybe just some coxials though. i have a 4 inch dash placement and 6.5 inch rear fill placement, if i just get some comps and put them in the 6.5 would this be okay? and get some CL-6x for the front stage? or should i JUST get the comps or should i JUST get the CL-6x.

I'm lost. You have 4"ers up front, and 6.5"ers in back, and your asking if you should only replace the rear speakers, or if you should mount some 6.5" speakers up front??

should i get some new 4" up front (ill have RE8's out back) i need something to put out my vocals and higher tones, but will i need midbass? so yes, should i just get some speakers for the stock location or should i get componants? and if i get componants, is it alright to use the stock location for the 6.5's and place the tweeters up front?

Midbass is very important. It helps create the seamless transition between the high frequencies and the subbass. Without good midbass, the music won't "flow" together very well. You'll just have bass, and then treble, and they won't blend together well at all.

That being said, I think it would definitely be better if you could get some 6.5" drivers up front. Most component sets have the mids crossed over fairly high...meaning that most of the midrange (vocals and such) are coming more from the mids than they are the tweets. With the mids in back, it would pretty much pull the entire soundstage to behind you, which is very bad in SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.