Im New . Whats your take on some things.

I have an idea, since he has a stock h/u and adding more power is not an option why not go active with 1 speaker per channel, component tweeters/crossover up front with a power rating low enough to make them work with the stock h/u and a pair of component woofers setup the same way for the back two channels.

Unless it's a six-channel system then he could do tweeters midbass and woofers..

The stock head unit could easily drive individual components but it doesn't have the guts to run a 2 or 3-way system..

Or, add a line level converter and ..

I'm not sure that running anything off the head unit would be considered an upgrade. Most current stock systems are pretty decent for an average listener. I also don't know what good aftermarket speakers, even if run active, can reach their potential on 15W rms.

So if i bought the jbl ms8 would that be used as a LOC? Or would i need an additional unit as LOC?
The JBL sound processor will do everything an LOC can do but better, it reprocesses the sound making it cleaner, more detailed and stronger along with all the channels you want. The LOC will make the signal stronger. Both will allow you to hook up the amps you need. However with the sound processor, if you are a noob to precision SQ tuning, dont get it because you wont even know what to do with it or where to even begin to start and learn. Just get the audio control LOC and keep your life simple.

What a LOC does is takes your high level (speaker outputs) from your stock stereo and converts them to low level (RCA) outputs. The MS8 can do this, so LOC is part of its feature set. If you are going that route, I urge you to do some research to make sure you're spending your money wisely as this thing's MSRP is at $800. My best advice is to spend a few days researching this as it's quite a big purchase. There are others to consider and I'll list some of popular ones:

1. Arc Audio PS8

2. Mosconi 4to6 or 6to8

3. Audison BitOne or BitTen

4. Helix DSP

5. Zapco DSP-Z8

6. Rockford Fosgate 360.3

7. AudioControl DQDX

AudioControl unit is cheapest of them all and is probably easiest to use. I would personally do research as to what is best for you as it relates to your goal.

I'm not sure that running anything off the head unit would be considered an upgrade. Most current stock systems are pretty decent for an average listener. I also don't know what good aftermarket speakers, even if run active, can reach their potential on 15W rms.
not trying to be an ***... just showing that it is possible

Dayton Audio ND25FN-4 1" Neo Silk Dome Tweeter Element 4 Ohm

GRS 1TM-4 1" Mylar Tweeter 4 Ohm

Dayton Audio ND91-4 3-1/2" Aluminum Cone Full-Range Driver 4 Ohm

Is OP on any kind of budget? Once you get a good processor, amp, wiring, and deadening it'll be a commitment both in work and materials/equipment if you really want stand-out results.

Some good information here to consider, the points I'd add, are focus on some good locations for fronts and don't worry about trying to fill the holes in the rear. Search online for Q-Forms kickpanels. I have some in my Jeep GC, not cheap, but you get really great imaging from components in those locations as opposed to factory locations and they do look very clean.

A small subwoofer should be strongly considered. Even a single 8" or 10" woofer in a 1 cubic foot box with a couple hundred watts will fill in the lower end of your music for far less cost and trouble than trying to get the same output out of your components in the front.

I'm new to this forum and just found this thread while searching for posts on the Focal ISS 690s. These are part of the 'Integration' series of speakers with a fairly high sensitivity. I believe they are designed for factory stereos and have a fairly low power rating. They are highly recommended around the Chrysler forums (front 6x9 speakers). That being said, I just installed a set of these into my 2015 Jeep GC / 8.4in Unconnect / 6 speaker. They actually work very well off of factory power. Highs are crisp (a little bright for me) and the lows are nice and tight. Much more definition than the factory speakers. Bass is about the same I think, but its much tighter and less 'boomy' than the factory 6x9s. I did Dynamat the doors, so I'm sure that helps. I'll be installing an amp to power these and a sub at some point which should improve them even more (hopefully).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.