Im New . Whats your take on some things.

NBusiness

Hello , first post ever. Stumbled upon site.

Im here because i recently purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a weak system in it.

Looking to make some improvements. Im not really sure about what options or paths i can take so I thought i might come here for some reccomendations.

To start off with my audio knowledge is absolute zero, so any kind of layman explanations would be much appreciated. For what its worth im an electrician so im mechanically inclined and want to do my installs myself. I listen almost exclusively to reggae roots music. Large amount of bass not important to me rather have crisp clear loud sound.

Im actually not even sure what my system currently has but i thinks its four speakers plus two tweeters up high.

So on a whim i ordered some focal iss 690s based on a reccamendation that they were sweet , but now reading around i see that it may be more complex than just exchanging speakers to improve sound quality.

Anyway your thoughts and opinions are appreciated i know nothing about any of this.

Thanks

First of all welcome,second,don't go buying a bunch of stuff you won't actually need or use.

Need to know if you have the Alpine system,or 8" LCD radio.

I would just like to do things correctly and efficiently from the beginning and not waste a lot of time or money on things i dont need or things that may not really give me improved sound

So... are you just looking for the best speakers? Do you want to get a new head unit? Are you considering subs at all? I know you said you listen to reggae, but some low power subs in a simple sealed box would be good for drums.

Just wondering what kind of equipment you're interested in.

Hello , first post ever. Stumbled upon site.
Im here because i recently purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a weak system in it.

Looking to make some improvements. Im not really sure about what options or paths i can take so I thought i might come here for some reccomendations.

To start off with my audio knowledge is absolute zero, so any kind of layman explanations would be much appreciated. For what its worth im an electrician so im mechanically inclined and want to do my installs myself. I listen almost exclusively to reggae roots music. Large amount of bass not important to me rather have crisp clear loud sound.

Im actually not even sure what my system currently has but i thinks its four speakers plus two tweeters up high.

So on a whim i ordered some focal iss 690s based on a reccamendation that they were sweet , but now reading around i see that it may be more complex than just exchanging speakers to improve sound quality.

Anyway your thoughts and opinions are appreciated i know nothing about any of this.

Thanks
These guys might be able to help you..

6 Speaker System Upgrade - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Forums

Thanks for that link . Appreciate the responses guys.

I think if i was going to do a sub id be interested in the stealthbox i believe its called. But for now im interested in replacing my speakers. I also want to keep my head unit because of the functionality it provides for the vehicles other stuff.

Is it going to be an improvement if i throw those foicals in or will it be a waste? Is it even compatible?

Thanks for that link . Appreciate the responses guys.
I think if i was going to do a sub id be interested in the stealthbox i believe its called. But for now im interested in replacing my speakers. I also want to keep my head unit because of the functionality it provides for the vehicles other stuff.

Is it going to be an improvement if i throw those foicals in or will it be a waste? Is it even compatible?
the Focal's are a waste of money UNTIL you add more power to the system, then they will shine..

the Focal's are a waste of money UNTIL you add more power to the system, then they will shine..
^This.

OP, normally Ampless aftermarket speakers sometimes sound worse then stock because lack of power... Stock head units usually have 5-15 watts per speaker which is anemic. You also need to turn your doors into a speaker enclosure too, deadening and creating a proper seal is pretty vital to midbass/midrange clarity

So if i understand correctly, i need something like this MS-8 | Car Audio DSP, Powered Digital Sound Processor | JBL US
And that would enable me to add an amp for my speakers, plus one for a sub? Would i have to open up the dash in order to install that dsp thing?
yeah you have to have the power ground and remote hooked up properly along with the RCA cables between your stock HU and sound processor.

If you want a more affordable option, you can get this line output converter Amazon.com : LC7I : Car Electronics

It's extremely important for us to understand your goals completely before we can say whether any piece of equipment is worth the extra money for you. I've been playing the car audio game recreationally for almost 15 years and have just now gotten enough understanding and appreciation of the finer things. If you just want loud and clear, you can easily pick up a decent amp and speakers to fit in your factory locations. You will need a LOC (line output converter) such as the audiocontrol suggested above. It converts high level (speaker outputs) from your head unit into low level outputs (RCA cables plug into this) and then connect to your amp. From what I've read, the MS8 can work great if you want everything done for you when tuning your sound stage. There are cheaper units, such as ones from audiocontrol, that allow you to make time alignment, phase, and equalization adjustments for a fraction of the price. In world of high fidelity, the goal is to have your system reproduce the sound as close to the original recording as possible. The car environment is not geared for this, so we are always playing catch up. DSP (digital signal processors) exploit psycho acoustics by allowing you to delay and adjust different frequencies so that it appears the sound stage is in a more optimal position. People usually strive for the sound stage to be right in front of us and above the dash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.